11 April, 2024

Politics as a weapon

 

There seems to be a liberal uproar over Arizona keeping an abortion law from the 1860's.  I am wondering why the law was necessary in that time of history.  I was never that great in history classes.  I remember a few things, major things, things that mattered to me.  I wasn't collecting details about abortion when I was young.

I have heard my whole life that abortion is about "saving" women from all the things that will be lost if she has the child she conceived.  The outcry is always about the adults life, not the childs.  No one in media or liberal politics talks about how a child can make a woman's life better.

When Trump was first running, the life of an unborn child was part of his campaign promises.  Now it is about "compromise" and finding a way to win.  I thought this was an important point in his platform.  I have been pro-life all of my life, not just because it is the murder of an innocent child that cannot protect itself, but because I was conceived out of wedlock.  

This is one of my designs for the statement it shares.  We can never know the impact a single life can have on this world.

I remember someone saying that when we kill an unborn child we may be killing a person who would have saved our world.

Many are aborted because there is some disability discovered through sonograms or blood testing.  It is true some children are born with physical or mental disabilities, but it is also true some become disabled during their lives.  We don't have a guarantee that any life will be without changes in health, struggle, pain, or unexpected events.

There is a verse in the Bible that says the weak are more important than the strong.  It took me many years to figure out why GOD would say something like that.  I realized the weak are GOD's tool to keep our hearts, as individuals and as societies, kind and caring.  They keep mercy and compassion alive in our world.

The Bible also says the love of many will grow cold in the Last Days.  We can see that happening more every day.  When I thought about this prophecy in my younger years, I decided it would be because of the media, which now includes the Internet.  I have been watching the topics on the internet becoming more and more frightening as the years pass.  There are so many stories of need because they are coming from all over the world.  We are becoming numb by the constant bombardment of all these tragedies.


The Universe is a very big place.  We like to think our planet is the only one that matters, and our lives the most important thing on the planet, but we are just a speck of dust.

It is important what we do as individuals because our lives affect others.  Abortion doesn't just happen to a woman or a child, it happens to all of us.

Once pregnant, there is no path back to not being pregnant.  There is a consequence, sometimes more than one.

The woman who gets pregnant has to choose between keeping the child, giving it up for adoption, or killing it through abortion.  They all have a lifetime consequence for both the mother and the child, and the father, and the rest of the family, and the world.  Abortion is not a simple solution to a difficult problem.

The Bible tells us that our lives have purpose.  Letting a child live, and find their purpose in this life, seems to be a better choice than killing it to avoid the consequences of our choice to sin.  Adoption is a better choice for an unplanned pregnancy than abortion.  It will be a blessing to the parents who want it and allow a child to find its purpose in GOD's Plan.

I hope you will always choose life for your child.

In Christ,

Deborah Martin





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.