04 April, 2024

Food question! Is this a GMO tomato issue?

I was fixing my salad for lunch and this is what my small non-organic Roma tomato looked like when i cut it open.  I have never seen this before.  It was ripe and slightly soft, but I didn't expect this.  It has never happened to me before today. 

I suspected my produce was GMO but had no clear info about it.  I am trying to find out if this is normal for any kind of tomato or just an effect of GMO products.  

I ended up just using the outer rinds for my salad and giving the rest to the chickens we have at the house.  I just couldn't eat the middle parts until I find out what is happening to this tomato.



This is the best photo I could get, with the primary sprouting issue most visible.

The entire (almost) tomato seemed to be sprouting, kind of like bell peppers sometimes grow new peppers inside themselves.  But even bell peppers don't have so many seeds sprouting like this.

I am aware that tomatoes are modified to make them last longer because of shipping needs.  I don't recall what they are modified with, what plant or organism is used.  I was wondering if the other genes were growing these seeds inside this one tomato.

I have never seen this before, and I am over 70 years old!


Our food supplies are really contaminated with GMO foods.  It is beginning to affect us in ways we have no idea are happening.  I can't grow my own food, or buy all organic from the stores, or shop solely at Farmer's Markets.  I don't believe any poverty household, or even higher incomes, can buy the food they want to.  

I hope there is someone in the world who knows whether this is normal for Roma tomatoes or a problem with GMO foods.

I may write again about Christian issues later, or leave this as my Thursday post.  I am also thinking about posting this on social media to see if anyone there has answers about this issue.

Pray for our world.  People bigger than the ordinary man have been manipulating our world for money and power.  We will suffer the consequences because of it.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.