09 April, 2024

Making important choices in Life


 

This is my first "poster" design.  It is a bigger version of my CHOICES design that I had created into a magnet (but forgot to add my contact information) to sell.

When I was young I loved serious, beautiful, meaningful posters.  Every time I have checked on what is available today (whatever year it was), I only found sports and other stars for kids and teens to purchase.  I could see the reason we had problems in our society.

I'm not sure my poster could ever be compared to the ones I loved, but it was a first effort.  I think my magnet design would be better for a fridge.  I think a lot of Christian products are suffering and companies are closing.  The society we live in wants to get rid of GOD, and all the products that remind people of Him.

Today I have been thinking about what I want to create and sell to improve my income... and be worth investing my time in.

It has been the hardest part of my life because I don't have what I want to do what I want to do.  :-)  The same cry of most everyone.  So I need to "use up the supplies I already have" to get to the place I want to be.  This is my goal for 2024 - to use what I have already.

Today is a day of thinking and praying and seeking the best direction to reach GOD's place for me.

What did I discover today, again, because I forgot this bit of information over time.  I sold 5 items in my ETSY shop in the past few days, all to the same person.  After the costs of the items, shipping charges I had to cover, and fees to ETSY (about 25% of the order income), I ended up with about $7 in profit.  :-)  Not good.  If you look at the amount ETSY will put into my bank account, it seems like I made money.  But that amount doesn't cover the costs outside of ETSY.  That's the thing I forgot after all these years of inactivity.

So, I have been thinking again about what I want to sell to earn income.



This is a copy of an ad I had in a Christian newspaper in the state I live.  I never had one response.  I would have thought there would be some kind of response.  What do you think?

I am considering focusing on mugs and small posters, so I can share my words and designs with other Christians and people browsing ETSY.

Or I may just carry a few products that are "Print on Demand" (POD) and begin to list my art and vintage and other items for sale online.  Maybe some digital inspiration would work. 

I have had my writing called SERVANTS listed for many years and no questions or purchases yet.  ETSY said I couldn't sell my booklet about the Rapture there, with no ability to respond to whatever their objections were (because I didn't get told what was wrong with it).

I see this as part of the End Time process.  It is that same hidden persecution that humanity has always inflicted on their "enemies."  It is the Black issue, the Mexican issue, the Jewish issue, the disabled issue, and the issue for anyone someone hates.  I might include the Gays in this list, but they are also perpetrators of anger and hate toward anyone that disagrees with them.  True Christians would not purposely hurt others, but there are people in churches that are not true Christians.  How would anyone know they didn't represent GOD?


I found this design again today.

I have two on this topic, but I want to share this one here.  Once we are truly saved, we want everyone we love or know to find salvation through Christ.  We discover the difference GOD makes in our lives.  We change.

We don't want to hurt anyone ever again, even though we will somehow.  If we do hurt someone, we try to make amends for what we have done.  And we try never to do it again.

I think we choose to suffer ourselves because we know we will be going to heaven when we die, we understand others don't have the GOD we do, and we just wait for GOD to heal their hearts and bring them to salvation.  It isn't easy.  We hurt as much as anyone else.  We just want to trust GOD for whatever is wrong in their heart and life.  I am always so glad GOD found me and saved me.  Life without Him is so much harder.  I have seen trials and persecutions as a Christian.  They can be very hard, but life without GOD would be unbearable.

We are in times no one could have imagined before.

How to get through the times we live in without hating back... that's something we will have to learn.  I hope we can find a way to do it together, and the whole Body of Christ.

In Christ,

Deborah Martin, work2gather.us





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.