18 January, 2018

Thursday, 18 January 2018

The days go by...

Today I received my "peddler" - a bike peddle without the bike - so I can at least start doing some kind of exercise in that direction.  It is strange, but it works.  It keeps tracks of the time, the "count" (something related to steps), and the calories burned... I now have something to keep track of !!!!   :-) 

I also recently discovered, in going through my piles of papers that we are suppose to work our way up to 10,000 steps a day, which is the equivalent of about 5 miles.  Doing some math, I am going for the 2000 mark first, which I call a mile. 

3500 calories is a pound, so that will be part of the weight loss goal. 

I plan to do this thing when I watch a movie.  It takes about a half hour to do a mile... about.  If I stop a lot, I think it stops the clock, too.  I haven't figured it out yet.

So... we have STARTED !!!!

*
I discovered a website called GENEROUSGIVING.ORG today and have been listening to some of their accessible speeches/testimonies from their annual (?) meetings/conferences.  I plan to continue until I have heard them all, or get to my "overload" point.  Ron Blue was on the list, so I listened to his first... really good suggestions.  I started at the bottom of the list, the 2011 group.  There are mentions of earlier events, but I have a lot of years to listen to already... I may look for them later.

*
I also discovered PBS (OPB is the local station) is playing a program on Dame Daphne Sheldrick and the little elephants I love so much, but I haven't been able to get it on ROKU without paying for a PBS subscription.  Not ready to do that.  I am hoping to view it on the actual TV as it is shown locally.  Tonight, at midnight Saturday, and some time on Sunday... I hope I am able to do that.

The video teasers have a wonderful shot of a little orphan that started the whole thing... but I guess the little one was emotionally fragile and died when Daphne left for a short time... of a broken heart, I assume.  I hope to find out more when I can watch it.  It makes me cry just to think of the little one giving up like that.

*
I was listening to the news tonight and was equally disgusted that it was really a list of all the misery we face in the world... death, destruction, pain, suffering, horrible things that some do to others...  Why is that the definition of "news?"

*
It really destroys your day, all this sadness.

*
I am continuing my work on my room... still a lot of papers to go through, but I have to take breaks and do something else. My meal choices are narrowing with the decreases in my food supplies.  :-)   I am getting "creative" and eating a lot of carbs because they seem the easiest to find... bread, rice, popcorn, etc.  Using up what I don't want to throw away is also part of the food challenge this week.  I added the last of my baked jalepenos to some rice I made today... It had bites of spicy hot, but not that bad.  Stir-fry is on the way to finish out the veggies I still have... probably more stir-fry than I want to think about.

I am beginning to think of veggies as "the meal" these days.  This is new.  It works fine.  Fills me up fine.  The transition into more veggies and fruits is moving along fine.  Now I have to get my portions reduced.  I think doing my peddler will help keep those hunger cravings down.  I hope so.

I am working on what I need when I shop for a week's food...  like, one avocado a week, something with beans each week,  probably six to eight fruit for some of the 14 planned servings a week, and then there is the veggie challenge... I am really not sure how much to buy to fill the need and not have so much left at the end of the week.  So I am making a basic list to go by... carrots (1 lb), onions, cauliflower, potatoes, squash, salad fixings like one form of lettuce/greens and just a few things to put in the salad, like bell pepper and mushrooms and ???  I really love my cream cheese, so I am thinking I will only buy two packages a week, at the most.

I'm not sure my calorie count is great, but it is getting better...

*
Time to get going...
I may enter posts at any time... not just Monday to Thursday... I am debating that with myself.

Until next time,
In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May GOD find a single home for those kids who were so terribly violated by the two people they needed most to love them...may they stay together and have each other as they heal... for the rest of their lives.  May the mercy of our courts require this.  In the holy and merciful and loving Name of Jesus Christ, this is my prayer for them.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.