16 October, 2017

Monday, 16 October 2017

Another Monday...  I seem to catch up with household duties on Mondays...
I went food shopping yesterday, so there is a lot of food prep to do.  Things like washing veggies like carrots and celery, making them into things to eat like salads and veggies for eating with cream cheese, freezing what I can for later.

I worked on my menu plan before I left for shopping, and now the situation is even worse!  :-)  I still need to eat the old food I made (chili and veggie soup), which don't freeze well.  Plus I have new perishables that have to be watched, made into things, and eaten before they spoil.  Buying food means I have food items I haven't had in awhile, which I want to eat up right away and mess up my plans.  The chickens are going to be feasting for a few days!  (haha)  Today I have to make a list and figure out how fast I can use it all.

We went to an asian market yesterday.  I found a melon I haven't ever seen before, so I have to discover that.  I saw a Jackfruit, whole and in pieces!  So amazing.  I have no idea how they eat it, cook with it, etc.  I am still remembering the size of the whole fruit, and the size of the seeds in the open pieces!  I may never be able to grow one of those, but I want some of those seeds for my collection!!!!!

I could have spent a lot more time and money there, exploring all the shelves and foods that would be strange to me, but we weren't able to do that.  I did find the bags of sesame seeds I wanted, and some spices in small bagged portions, and some new things to try out.  I found a bag of small bok choy in the produce section, so I decided to try it out.  I am now trying to figure out what I can make with that much bok choy, or I will have to freeze it for later.

Going shopping once a week is really a better plan.  In my menu planning I am trying to figure out how many servings of the food groups I already have so I can make sure I just buy enough to get to the next shopping day.  When you don't have control over the details of your shopping efforts, it changes everything.  I bought everything I could yesterday, breaking into my savings for more bus tickets, more postage stamps, and household items I need.  I feel broke now, and I still haven't finished my list.  I forgot the canning jars I wanted for my food storage plans.  Such a pain!

In my record-keeping, I made a new list of the things I still need to get.  By the end of October I will have a better idea of how much I can recover of my savings.  I have a few dollars left of my food stamps, and some farmer's market money for fresh veggies and fruit, so that will help cover any needs I have until I have my funds for next month.  It's an ongoing process.  I keep getting better at it, but you still have to find a way through today.

*
I found some great quotes in my reading this morning, but don't have the time to share it here.  I may make a Facebook post later.  Finding the best way to share these things is what I am working on right now.  I know how I would like FB to work, but I don't know if it is possible. 

I may get this book finished by the end of the week, or sooner.  I am looking forward to starting a new book, and to reading the Joyce Meyer book on how our battles start in our mind... in our thoughts... in what we put into our thoughts.  As I get better at this process, I will be able to share more details about my spiritual discoveries, how I see the topics I come across, and what I think matters in godly issues.  I live to share my thoughts... I wish I would have started writing books so many years ago.  It just never seemed possible, now it does.

*
My Christian programs are still on.  I have a hard time doing anything that requires mental processing when I have my programs in the background.  Some days I turn it off, some days I wait until they are done.  I am learning that I need my favored silence to do what I like to do... but that seems to be impossible to find anymore.  So I pray... sometimes for GOD's judgment of the guilty parties, sometimes for the ability to understand what it means to our world.  Technology is heading further into the realms of pain and suffering for innocent lives.  I don't know how we will survive, if GOD has a plan to help us, or if this is something we have to endure because of the free will choices of those who choose to hurt others.

I hope to re-start my daily Bible time soon... soon... very soon.  One day at a time, right?  Right!

*
My survival duties are calling me... I'll be adding posts as needed, but working to make one post a day on Monday thru Thursday.  That is my plan right now.  It is an ongoing process... changing as my life changes.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May GOD bless the day of those who love Him, who seek after His Will for their lives, who want the world to be a better place and glorify His Name more.
May our hearts be pure and wholesome and godly and ready to see GOD.
May we all reach out to those who are suffering.
May our lives have balance, finding the place where we have neither too little or too much, being content with GOD's desires for our lives.
May today be the first day of our happiness.
May all those we love be saved by grace and find us in heaven.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.