01 August, 2024

Starting my 90-minutes-a-day challenge this month

 

Some days are harder than others.

I don't know why that is, but it is the reality of our lives.  In faith we have to trust that GOD has a part in all that happens to us.

The Bible tells us He puts a hedge of protection around His people.  It also shows us GOD allows Satan to test us.  We also know there is Free Will in the formula.  This means GOD does not stop us from sinning.  We are promised the ability to choose our path in this life, and those choices lead us to our eternal home.

I have shared before that I believe our suffering comes from other people's choice to sin.  We don't know the far-reaching impact of those choices, but GOD does.  We have to keep our eyes on Him and let the rest go.

We also cause the suffering of others because of our sins.  It isn't something we can blame on others, or GOD.  No one likes to suffer.


I started my 90 minutes a day challenge today.  I have listened to some of the newer people offering advice to succeed.  This was one of the tips.  It's taken me awhile to reach this point.  After today, I don't know how much help it will be.  I have been trying to start since last month some time, maybe before that.  I decided this month has to be the time to try it.

I have a yearly goal to use up my collected supplies, so I am working on my art options right now.  I need ten thousand hours to improve.  It takes me awhile to get back in the flow of creating art.  :-)   This month may help that process.

When I was homeless in my van in the desert in 2002, I started painting again.  It took many days to finally get into a style I liked.  I am now wondering if that is the style I want to keep.

I also want to work on my resin designs, and some polymer clays. 

I may put some of these items at my ETSY shop, or my PATREON page.  Selling is the goal.  I need money!  Increasing my income what the goal of being online in all these spaces.

It's been a long journey.

I am finally going to try out CANVA pro, too.  I need to be able to make vector designs and I understand they have that ability.  They are also supposed to have transparent backgrounds for making t-shirt designs.  So, I will be trying those this month as well.


I have been listening to a Brian Tracy recording at YouTube recently.  I have one of his old CD recordings called CHANGE YOUR THINKING, CHANGE YOUR LIFE.  I love it.  It is a treasure for me, among several other special books, VHFs, CDs, and DVDs.  The recording I have been listening to is called NO EXCUSES.  I just catch parts of it as I play it in the background, but it is reminding me of things I have forgotten from all the years I have been listening to this kind of materials, or reading books like it.

Today I noticed a portion of the recording about investing in yourself, your personal development.  The suggestion is to spend 3% of your income on things that will improve your abilities.  It isn't much, but it is still a part of your income.  That can be a challenge for low-income people.  

Personal development would be going to seminars, taking classes, buying books about the work I am doing or want to do.  For me, it is using YouTube to learn.  The videos I find at YouTube and other places online are the classes I take.

I already spend over my 3% of income for improving my life.  I am still waiting for my return on investment.

Everything in a struggling budget gets moved around, every month.  It is a matter of surviving... this month.  Next month is a dream, a hope, a different goal that doesn't exist yet.

I am wondering if this is what the government is doing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.