02 May, 2024

What the government does.

We seem to believe the government is really interested in our lives, but are they?  Everything changes when the government is the one trying to survive.

I watched a video titled TOXIC FARMING tonight.  It was from last year, I think YouTube said it was a year old, but the person I am thinking of from the video (Jason Grostic) said his farm/ranch destruction by the government started the previous November.  I assume that meant 2022.  

By the end of the Vice News report, Mr. Grostic's five-year effort to create a successful healthy meat business was gone and his cattle were going to be destroyed by the government.

The Grostic property was the only one the government decided to test - both land and animals - for PFAS contamination even though the government knew many other agricultural properties had the same problem.  They all used EPA approved, free, wastewater treatment discards as fertilizer.  Some properties are still using the treatment plant waste as fertilizer.  All the other farms/ranches are still able to sell their food products because they were not tested for the same contamination.  

I am assuming the government is protecting itself.  This is what the government does.

We will not know why this was done to one family.  

If the government tested all of the affected properties, it would have deeply affected the entire State's income at many levels.  There are a lot of associated costs to any government action of this kind.  

It could have been a personal attack by a government employee, or someone associated with any government representative.  Mr. Grostic was a rising business and had worked very hard to reach that level.

There is just no way to know.

I tried to find out what happened after the video first aired but the website for Gostic Cattle Company was gone, it had a Hotmail address (which I will try to see if it is still valid), and the last post at the Facebook link was when the video aired.  I imagine their lives were devastated by the loss of their property and everything they had built.  I was hoping to find they moved to a better property and started again.  That would require a lot of money.  I don't think the government pays for the things it destroys.

I wanted to share this because our lives are not the same as they were in the past.  We cannot depend on the government.  And we have to realize that everything in our lives depends on the morality of the people in it. 

This is just one story.  I have seen and read about many others.  I have experienced devastation in my own life.  We have to find a way through things like this.  Together.  As Christians. 

I don't know if the Grostics are Christians, but they seemed like a good family.  I hope they found a way to a new future.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin
work2gather.us




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.