28 May, 2024

Praying for specific things. Seeing what GOD does.


Gathering online is more of a challenge now.  It was my plan in the beginning to start there and organize each country's resources.  Now, I am not sure.  The internet has become the battleground for everything.  It is not a safe place.

I have thought it might be better to be our own host, not part of Yahoo or Google or any other major hosting platform.  I thought we might be able to protect ourselves better.  I'm not sure that is true.  I would need to find out.

These are things I still think about, in case GOD provides the funding for Working Together (WT) while I am still alive.

And I pray about my replacement -- someone who will protect the people of GOD through Working Together.

It seems like my life has been wasted because I haven't been able to build anything.  Then my Faith kicks in because I know GOD can do anything that He needs done, and I don't know what His Plan is.  I KNOW He wouldn't have started Working Together unless it was part of His Plan for our time.

Recently, I have been listening to a lot of Joel Osteen YouTube videos (sermons).  I think he reminds us that GOD is the One in charge.  He helps us remember GOD works in very mysterious ways to accomplish His Will in our lives and in the world.

When I started trying to build something to help Christians, we didn't face the technology we face now.  The microchip wasn't in anyone's body.  We didn't know about digital currency.  The problems we faced were not so global and frightening.  Spiritual warfare was not something I thought about.

It's hard to think about all the things that have happened in my life.  I guess I expected GOD to just provide what was needed to slowly build the places of refuge I envisioned... and felt were His leading.  It didn't work out that way.


I am now trying to make a new set of notes about all the things involved in building Working Together.  I am calling it my Prayer List.  I hope to check things off as GOD provides for them.

I have heard of others doing this.  I have attempted to start lists before.  This time is more important.  I am at the natural age for death and I am seeking GOD for what to do with Working Together.

I watched an animated story about George Muller by Torchlighters at the Vision Video channel ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7jUlzZtyEQ  ).  Muller is the man who trusted GOD for every detail of saving the orphans forced to live on the streets of his city.  

He made lists.  He recorded the dates when GOD answered prayers.  I think he also recorded what they prayed for but, right now, I don't recall all those details.  What I have always remembered about George Muller was his faith.  I don't know that my faith is that strong.

My plans for Working Together were different.  My faith was that GOD would provide the funds and I would use those to build what we would need to survive without money.  I expected to build everything using Membership funds and then other products and income sources.

Membership funds created the Tithe (10%) as a Benevolence Fund, a Reserve Fund (10%) as savings for emergencies and costs in the future year, WT financial needs (about 20%) , and various Program Funds (about 40%) for their operating expenses, and the last 20% for taxes and unexpected needs.  I have it all in my notes.  This may not be the exact percentages, but it is the general framework.  

Each program has its own breakdown.  Every part of Working Together was planned to create its own products and services to create more income to build itself.

All Working Together wages would be equalpaid by the hour.  In other countries, wages would be figured on the area housing and food costs.  Either 30% housing or 20%food using full-time wages as the base.  

People would keep their own incomes outside of Working Together.  WT wages are meant to support the individuals and families that are part of its workforce, members and non-members, equally.

We would build the houses and other spaces for each community, we would grow our food, and these would be part of the wages we paid. 

An example: the charge for housing and utilities would be 30% of full-time wages, food is figured at 20% of full-time wages.  This is as far as I could plan.  The work would be all the tasks we need to survive as a community.

There are a lot more details in my planning notes.  It wasn't meant to be a commune, more like a regular community.  People keep their own incomes, if they have any, and WT wages are equal because we are One Body but have different tasks within the Body of Christ.

Someone in Washington state set the equal wages by a yearly amount.  I felt it was important to set it at an hourly amount. 

Everything would not belong to everyone, but everything would be used to help as many as GOD allowed.


I wonder if we have time to build anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.