17 May, 2024

Getting to the next day.


Sorry I'm late posting again.  

I'm working on it.  :-)  Time just gets away from me.  I get tired, finish something, and then just go to bed as fast as I can.  This is how my journaling mode goes.  I have been debating whether to get more organized and write out my posts before the deadline.  (Mon/Thurs right now)  I don't seem to be able to do that.  I tend to share what is happening at the moment.  If I ever get to travel, I was going to share my daily adventures.  With photos.  :-)  We will have to see what GOD provides for the future.

I watched one of my library DVDs last night.  One about the land of Israel.  It was only about one hour long and mostly showed overhead shots of various locations in Israel, with a narrator describing some of them.  I have never been to Israel so it was nice to see.  It was filmed a long time ago so nothing about all the conflicts/war.  It did show the difference between holy sites of Israel, Christians, and Muslims.  I would be afraid to travel there right now, but it would be nice to have someone show you around all the important biblical spaces.

Tonight, I will watch a DVD about Africa, the Serengeti.  I love the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya.  I also want to visit some other places I have discovered exist around Africa - waterfalls, the lake that once looked like a heart on a map, and more.  I would need a great guide for that trip also.

New York City is on my USA list.  And more of Washington, DC.  Houston, TX.  Maine coastline.  I hope I stay healthy enough to travel for a while.


I have been thinking about obituaries.  I see them whenever I go through my local paper.  I don't know what would be said about me.  I can't even think of what I would say about me.  I may have to try writing one and see what I come up with.

Thinking about the life we have lived, in the world's terms, is pretty sad if you haven't conquered the goals that count to the world.  Major achievements, wealth, education, and things you might read in a newspaper.  

I can't even cite Working Together as a success.  It is still in limbo.

I guess I could say, "She trusted God."  Will that be enough?

I will end here.  What would your obituary be like?


In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.