19 February, 2018

Monday, President's Day, 19 February 2018

My goodness... we had snow where I live... I guess we may have more of it later in the week!

I have been exploring some bloggind advice sites and will be continuing my quest to find the best directions for my time and energy and financial resources.  I'm not fond of WordPress, so there are issues with a lot of the information I find.  I will have to see how I can make it work for my goals.

I did find a site called LivingWellSpendingLess.com that offers free workbooks and mini-courses.  The main products are goal oriented and organizational ... which help.  I do like the workbook but it was 23 pages, and most PDFs don't print well in black-and-white.  I will be doing the free mini-course (Best Year Ever) to see if it's any good.  She has a thing called CRUSH IT that she made into a formula for goals or something.  Love the association.  :-)  She is Ruth Soukup... founder, designer, entrepreneur.  I guess marital issues led to the search for better options, which led to the blog, which led to the books and planner, which led to the income that saved their marriage (I think). 

I also watched an hour-long video by kajabi.com on their sales and marketing platform.  After finally going through the webpage I had been saving for a week... trying to get it read.  It was 31 ways to ??? in your blogging.  I'm in the process of deciding what I think of them.  The platform sounds good, and the offers are always nice (and inflated), but the deal is in the $2000 range, and the yearly cost was stated as over $3000, maybe over $3500, a year... in the valuations for the bargain deal.  I would have to know a lot more before committing to that kind of money.  No one knows if their product/s will sell...so you have to have back-up money until you figure it out.

One great piece of the process I did like to be reminded of is that you need to create a digital product to sell before you can do the rest of the process, anywhere.  So, that is my first step... with or without Kajabi.com.

I can't begin to tell you the viewing I did this weekend while my son was gone... very important documentaries... and I struggled through a few other movies and things.  I cried over Deepwater Horizon and Fanny's Journey and Hoovey. I had problems viewing the HBO free movie called Tuskeegee Airmen, which was something I wanted to see for a long time... and was worth watching.  I finally watched Moana, too.  And, I was able to see the one on Churchill called Into the Storm.

Documentaries.... well, I have heart issues so I watch what I can on those topics.  I decided to see what The Widowmaker was all about.  Has some very important information... for me, for anyone with heart issues in their family.  I started some of this TV time with documentaries about the US economy and other financial issues.  We're Not Broke was good, so was The Divide... you have to be very critical as a viewer to figure out the truth behind every documentary because they present the info that holds with their particular view.  If you watch presentations for both sides (or all sides) you will be able to make better decisions for yourself. 

We're Not Broke was about tax havens for corporations.  The problem with these viewpoints is they assume people and businesses that make a profit are responsible for all the problems our government creates and must pay for those mistakes because everyone else doesn't want to.  What we need is a FAIR tax program that is equally shared by all citizens...  You must know that I have decided what I support as that answer... it's too involved to present here.

The Divide was about ... I think it was about rich vs. poor.... I just did a search to remember and it came up as www.thedividedocumentary.com ... with the explanation :: The Divide tells the story of 7 individuals striving for a better life in modern day US and UK - where the top 0.1% owns as much wealth as the bottom 90%. Again, it is the theme of the rich being responsible for the problems of the poor... because of tax issues.

I do agree we need some changes in the way things are done, but the government is not the change we need... and taxes need to be fair for all.  It is a hard issue.  Morality affects everything we want... what we think should exist... and no one wants to have GOD in their lives because it shows how bad things are inside us.  Good people do what is right in the eyes of GOD.  Unfortunately, we blame GOD instead of individual people when they choose what GOD does not condone.  Free Will is the issue... GOD has given us the right to make bad choices, and we all suffer for those.

In my exploring how to improve my blogging I decided I might devote Mondays to reviewing a documentary I watch over the weekends... or a movie... or something like these things.  I love to watch them, think about them, comment on them... It will make me take better notes and create a real evaluation of the details that I discover.  I would like to do that for many of the documentaries I have already noted in my blogs.

I'm thinking about it.

Somehow I need to increase my income.  So, I have to figure out something that will sell online... Something I can do within my limitations.  I'm working on that main goal.  All these other options come into my life as I search for the way to make more income for my retirement years.

Well, I will have to continue this some other time.
Until I return,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May GOD find His way back into our lives, bless those who love Him, provide resources to those who need them, and lead as many souls to Himself as He can.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.