16 February, 2018

Friday, 16 February 2018

It's morning again!  I see a trend forming here.  :-)

I have been avoiding the blog because of my heavy thoughts... I go on tirades because I get so upset at the news coverage.  I watch a movie that deeply affects me and I want to go on and on about all the different perspectives that are related to it.  In Facebook and Twitter (etc.) you have more things to rant about.  I haven't decided how much to get into this info battle....

I only watched a few minutes of the TV news today, but caught some of Megan Kelly's (?) program yesterday.  Both times the issue that is manipulated is really trying to force gun control...at any cost.  I was appalled at the "sound bite" on the station I was watching where they filmed a grieving mother... screaming at President Trump to control the guns.  On News Hour (PBS) there was a "panel" of guests to talk about what needs to be done (as long as it involves gun control).  We don't think about the information we hear, and we never think about what is "missing" -- on purpose.

The same way my food choices change over time, because I attack it every day, our "perspectives" get changed by the media.  It isn't news anymore, it has become the vehicle for changing our minds... the minds of our children.

If it was an invading army taking our children outright and putting them into their "rehabilitation" camps, we would be angry and rebelling and protesting and fighting back.  This is the frog getting killed in the pan of water that is slowly brought to a boil.  It happens without protest, without any thought, without any effort to escape it or change.

I have heard that America is not found in Revelations... I don't know that I agree with that, and technology (I have found) is now able to be manipulated extensively so we never really know about our information sources... I have always seen America as the eagle, as the refuge for the Jews, and a mighty army.  After I decided that Christians are really adopted Jews, I could see why America was blessed by GOD... add up the Christians and the Jews, and that's a lot of GOD.

I hope GOD will finally provide the resources that Working Together needs to prepare as much for the future as possible... for all Christians, Jews, and others.  I keep trying to prepare for that day, so I can move faster to get things figured out and set up, but there is no guarantee.  GOD is not us.  He keeps His Word, but my plans are not always what GOD is doing.  I always have to remind myself that GOD used Satan to provide salvation for us... it reminds me that Men think they know what GOD is, but they don't.  It caused me to wonder if the Apostles believed to the very end that Jesus was going to rise up and become the ruler they were expecting, if that is why they scattered, etc.  I don't know, but they were just people -- like us.

*
I am searching for my supplies this weekend... my art papers got "lost" somewhere in all my "organizing" --  :-)  haha.  I will get through this to the place where I can create my planned projects!  I will !!!  

*
I have to share that I found a metal box at the thrift store on Wednesday... and it was someone's recipe box!  I grabbed it up!  I usually get one cookbook when I go, so this was my cookbook for that trip.  :-)  It may become MY recipe box now. Maybe.  I have started looking through it the past couple nights and whoever owned it liked brownies and bread and cakes (pudding cakes!)  I haven't gotten to the other categories yet.  I found one recipe on an old postcard that says postage was only ONE CENT !!  I wonder if it really is that old... amazing. 

I have several recipes to try out now.  Not many of these recipes are healthy by our current standards, but they are interesting.  Many are from products (the label recipes).  I know some of the product names, but not them all.  I have seen 1977 on at least one of the packages, a yeast packet.  :-)    I also found a Peanut Brittle recipe to try out... so much sugar!  aaugh!  I haven't decided if I will modify them right away or try them as they are first... to see what the original tasted like.  I need to find someone to give these things to!!!  I DON'T want to eat it all myself !!!

*
I tried fennel for the first time yesterday.  I bought some on my shopping trip.  I had to look online for how to store it and ways to try it out.  I've seen it used on the cooking shows so I've been wanting to try it for a long time.  I also bought some Jicama to try out.  Another long-time goal.  :-)   I think I may try out a Portabella Mushroom next month.  They are suppose to be good as a burger substitute.  I love mushrooms fried until they are practically burned, but Portabellas are SO BIG!  I will have to find out the best way to cook them.

I will try the rest of the fennel in a salad or two... green salad and cous cous salad... and then use some with an effort to make my own veggie stock for other things.  Cheap and good... that is what I am looking for.

*
Well, enough for now.
Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May the GOD of all watch over America and all those who believe in Him everywhere in the world.
May we prepare for the future, and keep our trust in GOD.
May we find better ways to share the important information we need to survive.
May our food supplies be kept pure and healthy.
May our debts be paid (including the national debt) so we can live without fear and have a safety net.
May our hearts be filled with love for each other.
May GOD help us to keep our trust in Him.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.