07 September, 2017

7 September 2017

Starting over, again...
I'm not sure why it disappears...
It use to auto-save, but that may be with regular computers.
This is life for the non-technical people in the world.

*
I hope this doesn't keep happening.
I can't even think of what I had written.
I uploaded a photo, but it seems to have created its own photo blog.

Learning these details of communication is new on every device, I think.
I will try to create a photo upload again,
with lots of lines to write on before and after it...
Maybe that will work!

... guess not... can't find the photo option.
I don't remember having these kinds of problems when I used a regular computer to make my posts... I wonder if its the mobile device.  :-(

I was trying to replace the photo that always comes up when I post my blogs.  I have no idea why it gets attached to my posts, but it does, and I haven't been able to eliminate it... yet.  I'm looking for a solution.

The photo I took was my little baby feet FIMO project.  It's just my first ever FIMO effort, so it still needs a lot of development.  I have been sorting and organizing my project supplies, figuring out how many to make, what colors to use, what colors I need to get... and all those things. 

*
Today I processed some small bamboo stalks that were intruding into the yard space I was working on cleaning up.  They are small stalks of growing bamboo, and I was going to put them in the yard waste pile, but on Wednesday I happened to catch a PBS craft program about making a flute from bamboo.  It made me wonder if I could figure out some way to use these bamboo shoots.  So, I have just cut them up into smaller sections and will do some experimenting and research as the days go by.  When I figure out the photo posting problems, I will share some of my discoveries with you.

*
I received a fundraising letter from one of the local missions today -- for the annual Thanksgiving meal.  I was impressed by their shopping list on the back of the envelope.  I thought I would share it with you.

Their fundraising letter said they are planning to feed 700 people, but that they have been serving increased numbers of diners this year... up to 900 persons one day.  That's a lot of hungry people.  Imagine trying to have this much food for just one meal!

35  Turkeys
200 lbs of potatoes
6 gallons of gravy
160 lbs of vegetables
600 dinner rolls
600 butter pats
4 gallons cranberry sauce
10 gallons milk
20 lbs of coffee
1000 mini coffee creamers
100 pies
24 cannisters of whipped cream

:-)  That's a big shopping list !!!   And it has to be duplicated at other meal events for the big day.

In Eugene there is a big community event put on by secular people and groups.  The battles against Christianity are big in all of Oregon, but the main cities are adversarial in so many ways.  The community meal event is one of those platforms for taking sides.  It is still a great event for those who attend, and for those who volunteer to serve at it.  The community uses it as a time to share socks, clothes, and other needs with those who attend... maybe haircuts, massages, and other things like that.  The bus doesn't operate on Thanksgiving there, so I was never able to attend, but it is an important part of the community.

The local Christian mission holds a meal, too.  I don't know if more than the client population attends, but it is filled with the foods that the above list shares... traditional Thanksgiving foods.  I think some of the larger churches in different parts of the city also host meals.  I don't remember right now, and I haven't been there since the 2012 holiday year.

Having been a recipient of Thanksgiving food boxes, and attending some of the meals available during various years, I try to give the equivalent of a holiday food box each year, when I can.  I hope you are able to support these special outreach events, too.

*
It is so hard to believe the year is nearly gone, again.  Christmas is just beyond Thanksgiving, but it needs a lot more time and money to survive... at least, for me.  It is my favorite time of year and I could spend everything I have if I didn't have to restrain myself.  My budget efforts are helping me get a balanced goal for Christmas, and this year I am finally able to create some of my crafting projects.  It may help this year to be very nice, especially when compared with the past.

Have you been planning your Black Friday shopping list?
Or Small Business Saturday?
Or Cyber Monday?
Maybe Giving Tuesday?

This year there might be a new addition to the group for Sundays... what do you think?  :-)

I never have that much money to spend, so I never attended any of those sales... Toys for Tots was my Christmas, or something similar... or nothing.  Last year was my first time shopping, really shopping, the Black Friday sales... and last year they were week long events!  Who knows what the economy will bring this year.

*
It's time to finish this... I will talk to you again next Monday, God willing.  Hopefully, I will be able to post photos and offer some deeper topics within my journaling format.  Enjoy your weekend.  Volunteer in the recovery zones if you are near them, can afford to go, have some badly needed skills, are not encumbered with the work grind, and have a wonderful heart.  If you have money to spare, that is always needed.  Pray for those who are suffering so much loss right now.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May the GOD of heaven, creator of all we know and depend on, have mercy on us and show us all His love for us... and may we be able to recognize His Love when we see it.
May our hearts find rest in Him, in His ability to overcome our sorrows and lead us to a better place.
May the weather be kind, and our faith strong, and our sharing bountiful.  We don't have to give everything, but we can try to give as much as we are able to... to those who mean the most to our hearts.  The battle for our souls is always the choice between the money of this world (and what it buys) and the GOD of heaven...choose wisely, your eternity is going to be decided by your choice.
May Christmas be a special season again, with joy and happiness for as many people as possible, especially children.
May our country be kept safe and secure from all those who would like to harm us.
May the world be kept from the miseries we read about every day in the news, and find a way to peace amongst our differences.
May God bless those who love Him.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.