25 September, 2017

25 September 2017

I keep sticking to the counters!  I made caramels today and discovered a drip happened in quite the problem spot.  I am going to hold out for my shower tomorrow... if all the ants in the neighborhood don't find me, I should be OK!   :-)

*
I watched a free movie this weekend, on TV, called THE HELP.  I didn't get to see it when it came out, so I wondered what it was about.  Hollywood always has objectionable material in their films, but I survived.  I'm not sure I remember all that was going on when it came out... It was quite different from watching HIDDEN FIGURES.  It always make me sad to know that people are mistreated just because another person wants to feel superior.  GOD never condones these things... they are the heart of Man coming out.  It won't go away because we want it to, or because it is right, because we are all equal as humans, because the nature of Man is involved.  This need to feel better than someone else is part of many other problems, including crime, and addictions, and gangs, and wars, and domestic violence, and child abuse of all kinds, and more.

I guess I was impacted by watching it...  I can't say if I was impacted good or bad.

*
I started my next book today.  I decided to read Max Anders  "21 Unbreakable Laws of Life : Lessons You Don't Have To Learn The Hard Way" -- quite a big theme, don't you think?  It's from 1996.  A few of the topics are ::  Happiness, Holiness, Success, Relationships, Suffering, and Faith... you can tell there are 15 more, but you will have to find the book or see if I decide to write about them.  :-)

I am thinking of sharing the Laws of the Jungle at Facebook because I follow DSWF (elephant sanctuary in Africa) and I love it.  I thought the followers might get a laugh at some of the tips for surviving in a real jungle... like "Never turn your back on a skinny lion" and "If vultures are circling above you, see a doctor soon."  He made up 21 for the list...it would be a big share effort if I do.  :-)

The theme of the book is to survive the jungle of your life.  From the Christian perspective.  So far I finished Chapter One (Law One).

*
I am heading into OCTOBER with my goal strategies... been working on my budget (done), and revising my recordkeeping forms to keep on track with my goal efforts, and have been using my old computer to get use to it again... it is amazing how much you forget.

My new business cards should arrive soon... I hope they turned out nice.  Ordering online is a challenge, things don't always look the same when they arrive.  This isn't my real design, but I couldn't get to that yet.  I am trying to plan a strategy for using them.  I have no idea what I can do from where I am in my life right now.  This is what faith is all about.  I suppose my theme song is the old saying, If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.  I've been trying again for my whole life... I hope this time works!  :-)

*
Been getting back into my crafting slowly... finishing the chalkboard painting projects, doing the caramel to see how it would work, and finding recipes and supplies.  Art and FIMO are next...  hope I can figure out some nice stuff.

*
Watched/listened to more of my NO MONEY DOWN tape... very interesting.  I wrote in one of my letters over the weekend that I will be better prepared for when GOD decides to bless me.  :-)  That's part of the goal, why I keep on trying, why learning and planning matter.  It is 90% planned in my head, so I will be able to go faster to get things done when GOD provides.

December is still the plan for WT Memberships, crafts are the plan to help me survive.

*
I have been avoiding my Medicare challenge so far, trying to decide what to do about it.  I have to call about it soon...

Getting old is bad enough, how do seniors survive the government?  I know poverty and the government, I hoped to be far away from them by the time I retired.  We just never know the effects of life on our dreams.

*
I am still trying to find out why I can't insert photos in my blogs... I use to do it... so when I overcome that obstacle I will be able to share more with you.  Until tomorrow....

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
Thanks to GOD for life and hope... there were times when I didn't think I would have either.
Thanks for the carmels, which I ate too much of, but it tasted so good!  Now I need to get the rest out of the house!
Thanks for my new book, which will be great to think about.
Thanks for no rain, for the kitty being OK, for food and goals and a budget.

May GOD bless those who are crying out to Him tonight.
May He watch over my sons and others who are being prayed for.
May our country find its way back to economic health and away from substituting more controlling measure to deal with the problems debt brings with it, and their bad decisions.
May the holidays be a good memory for as many as it can be.
May children find happiness, and love, and joy, and peace, and safety, and salvation.
May God's Will be known, and provided for, and blessed in my life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.