27 September, 2017

27 September 2017

Long day...
It was my shopping day. 
And it became more than I wanted it to be.
That seems to happen when you generally shop one or two times a month.  :-)

I also want to note that I bought a lot of the things on my lists... for the house, for my crafts, and treats for me... which is finding treasures at thrift stores.  :-)  I am way off my budget, maybe... I have to figure all that out tomorrow... but I will be happy with what I bought.

I ate my meal at a fast food restaurant...
Found some great books, DVDs to watch, and a VHS that may wait to be watched (on huntin Mule Deer).  I found a set of book and disk about Joyce Meyer's book on the Battlefield of the Mind.  I have heard something on it and wanted to know what was inside.  The disk will be a plus.  It's a CD of some kind.  My cookbook for this trip is called Baking Without Fat... this should be good!  haha  And my craft choice today was a SUNSET book on pillows.  I think I found a documentary on Wal-Mart, but I'm happy to have found a copy of Faith Like Potatoes.  Another find was another copy of Dave Ramsey's 2007 workbook for Financial Peace University, but this one isn't written in. I decided I needed it.  :-)  I found a bunch more, but they will have to wait until tomorrow or never reach these pages.

I went to TWO thrift stores today!!!  I happened to be by the Teen Challenge store so I decided to look.  I was there over two hours I think.  I found some really nice things, and things I needed... like a trash can for my paper shredder that only cost $3... and a great saw, I think it is called a hack saw, that I hope will help me with my wood projects.  I found a kind of good cheesecake pan, the tall ones, that is also small (only 6 inches wide).  It has a problem with the bottom closure, so I have to try it out to see if it leaks.  If it works, it is really a great find.  My splurge at Teen Challenge was one of those money counting jar/bank.  It worked with the coin I tried it with, and I figured out how to reset it.  Tomorrow I will try it more and see what I think of my find.  It cost me $2.  I am so happy, if it works right.

My main thrift store is the Salvation Army, the sale day, which was today.  It was one of the reasons I went shopping today.  I had to go, even though I was so tired.  It was worth it.

That's about all I can do for tonight.  I left the house at 8am to get to the bus... my son picked me up around 5pm... it took over two and a half hours to get it sorted, washed, and put away...  I am tired.  You are lucky I even am writing this!  :-)

Until tomorrow, when I know I will be doing better and can share more details about things...

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
Thank you, Lord, for such a great day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.