28 September, 2017

28 September 2017

I am barely making this post by midnight again... hope we make it!

I was doing the accounting for my shopping trip yesterday... can't believe I still have a few dollars left for the rest of my month!  :-)  It took awhile to figure out the moving around of the category amounts... I didn't have my budget in the envelope system... I just separated the cash for the budget categories and went by my list, plus other deals and supplies along my path.  I am working on a better way to do this, but it takes time and sometimes I don't have the opportunity to shop, so I overdo it when I go.

I am just thrilled I have more than $2 left... which is what I thought I had left yesterday.

*
I posted about the book I am reading by Marie Frost from 1979.  I hope you will find it at my Facebook or Twitter pages.  It's hard to keep writing the same thing, so I posted it once at the WT page and then shared the link anywhere I could think of.  I tried to boost the post, but the "order" didn't process.  Not sure what happened as it was the first time I ever filled out the form...

I hope to finish the book tomorrow... I didn't get to it today. 

The cover has a photo of a woman, and I keep wondering if that is the author.

I guess the chapter on her failure is the most impacting... but others are really important to the theme of the book.  We all hate it when we miss hearing GOD "knock" on our door to do something for Him.  It is even more tragic, and life-changing as a lesson from heaven, when there is no way to recover from not doing what we should have because the person dies.  It is hard to keep going with those kinds of memories, but it makes our future actions different... hopefully better.  I cried when I read it.

*
Today I also watched one of the VHS tapes I bought... one called OUR AMERICA, about life in a project in Chicago, from the early 2000's.  Gangs, wasted lives, poverty, misery, tragedy... government efforts to get rid of the poor.  It was a preview tape, I don't know if it ever was in the theatres or on DVD.

*
I think I will post again tomorrow.  For now, this will do.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May GOD help us all to understand human needs, and look for better solutions.
May our children find better lives.
May God help us to see poverty as a way to be involved in the struggles of others, more than writing a check or getting mad at the government for helping them, and with the eye of GOD, who loves the poor.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.