20 September, 2017

20 September 2017

Wednesday!
I made it this far... one more to go!  :-)

*
Today I opened the can of chalkboard paint for the first time... what an experience.  It was not thick and creamy like I thought it would be.  Must be the water clean-up that does that.  I had to pour a load on one of the things I was trying to turn into a chalkboard, but the air bubbles were a killer... on all of the things I tried to make.  By the end of the can I will have to figure out the best way to do chalkboard paint... or find out the best brand name.

*
I looked all day for the missing black cat, who is currently not very mobile -- not able to walk well, which I hadn't seen for days.  I called, and called, and called.  I wandered the whole yard while I called.  I worried.  I watched.  I wondered if it had died somewhere, all alone, in the rainy cold.  It was a horrible thought.  The cat suddenly appeared on the porch when my son came home... so I carried it, through the forbidden house (so I could get my shoes) to the back area, and its food/water and shelter space.  I hope it is still there.  I will check again tomorrow.

*
In a moment of rest, I decided to watch the VHS tape I bought last time I was at the thrift store... The Bells of St. Mary's ...with Bing Crosby and Ingrid Bergman.  Anyone remember them?  :-)  It was nice to see it.  Different than I remembered.  Later I noticed it was a "Special Edition," but I wasn't sure what that meant.  I did notice they left the "Under God" part of the Pledge of Allegiance off of the scene when the kids were shown saying it.  Made me wonder....

*
Today was a mixed day... getting things done, cleared off my work space/table, moved around some more.  So glad I didn't go shopping.  I would have regretted getting caught in those repeated down pours.

*
My life isn't that exciting, but it is life... I have heard that life is 90% boring stuff you have to do and 10% exciting stuff that the movies like to show at 100%...  I can see that.  I really want to share more details about my serious efforts, but that isn't rising to the top right now.  It seems to come in spurts, when the details move into those kinds of conversations.  I am getting into more of the answers I was seeking about my blogging.  I hope you will bear with me.

Today I checked on eBay selling and printed off a lot of details to review.  It's been awhile.  I end up going through this cycle over and over because I have to start over and over again.  I hope this time my efforts will begin to bear some fruit.  There isn't much time left for this holiday season.  I am working on it.  I guess checking things off my list helps me to get closer to those goals.

Tomorrow I will need to make a better list.

*
No news today.  I can check the weather on my mobile devices, but getting whole programs is a problem.  I'm looking for the best solutions for my situation.  There aren't many.

*
I noticed a post by Georgene Rice (KPDQ radio) today about the term "Gay Christian" and I was motivated to reply.  It's one of those gray statements.  Technically, someone could be a saved Christian doing battle with their chosen sin of participating in gay sexual activities, like those who commit adultery, pedophilia, fornication, and other sexual sins.  The difference is in attitude... in commitment to GOD and Christ... in knowing it is sin.  There is a movement in our day to say that you can be a committed Christian and still be a practicing homosexual, that it is not a sin.  That kind of definition is a problem.  It is just trying to justify something God has plainly called sin, an abominable sin.

Since these are the days of the world falling toward its destruction, and sexual sins are the primary sign of how close we are to that destruction, these word battles seem like something we have to expect.  There won't be a winner.  In prophecy, the sins that win are just paths to hell and the Lake of Fire.

I don't know what it will be like to live in this kind of a degrading world... even in the US.  I think Christians are going to have to create their own safe spaces, if that is possible, where they can be near each other to protect the group... kind of like Nehemiah on the wall... or like the Amish who have their own communities.  Jesus People have also created workable communities.  It isn't what we want, but what we have to do.

God needs to help us... financially, community-wise, governmentally, physically...  I hope He does something soon.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
In God We Trust... May He carry us into the future and protect us from our enemies.
May our things become the resources we need for the Body of Christ.
As we gather, help us to be wise about how to meet the larger needs of those nearest to us.
May our lives be joined in community as we learn to share individually.
Provide for these needs, Lord... help us to prepare a place of relative safety for our children, our grandchildren, and for our elderly.
Help us to save the places that honor you, our spiritual heritage, our fellowship... and become the safety net for Christians in the future.
As families die, as relationships fracture and are destroyed by the enemy, help us to love the strangers from the Body of Christ.
Help us to prepare, Lord... help us to make places of relative safety, comfort, recovery, unity, love, and joy... until you call us Home.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.