28 February, 2018

Wednesday, 28 February 2018

Tomorrow is March!  Only 2 hours away!  (I made it!)  :-)

I would have gotten here sooner, but I got distracted at YouTube... it was worth it...  I discovered several good things, but I really liked one channel called Downshiftology. The female presenter focuses on glueten free (spelling?) food, so there is animal protein.  I was taken with the spices I discovered in her spice organization video... I think that may become my new brand.  They were called SIMPLY ORGANIC (.com) and seem to be very healthy, and reliable.  Non-GMO and non-irradiated (which I had never even thought about before).  I hope to find them at the local New Seasons Market because it was the only store brand I recognized that was close to me.

I am in food heaven because I discovered her recipes for tahini, hummus, and cauliflower rice.  (I also discovered a cute presenter of Classic Hummus... she mentioned that her grandfather use to make it with a mortar and pestle.  That will be something to try!)  Downshiftology uses high-end kitchen appliances (Vitamix, Kitchen Aid with attachments, etc. -- most likely provided by her sponsors... but that is good for her! ) and I just finally got a food processor at Walmart!  That's why I was glad to find the Classic recipe version... made with a food processor.  :-)

It is great to see how different people present their information.  :-)

I happened on a vegan ice cream recipe and discovered an established presenter of vegan information... with digital cookbooks.  :-)  My inspiration!  Eventually, I might be able to get to that point.

*
In other topics...

I made my GOAL CALENDAR today, and I think it will work great.  It is just a simple design, and I start using it tomorrow.  I will start picking three things I need to get done each day, and work on those first... whether they are big tasks or just small (nagging) tasks that keep getting put off, it will start the day's process.  I can keep going from these three starting goals for the day.

I also organized my goal efforts into my notebook with divider tabs.  This should all help keep me on track. It's a work-in-progress... but it is looking better, more achievable.

*
I tried my LuminAID lamp today... it works great as a light source with solar power.  The highest light setting lasts about 3-5 hours I think, the lowest up to 50.  It also has a flashing option.  I have it as my emergency light and phone recharger... it has that option.  I tried to do my phone today, but wasn't sure how it worked.  I need to try that again.  In emergencies, that seems to be a huge problem... finding electricity to recharge your phone.  I may start hanging it by a window at night, just to see how long it goes... how bright it is... etc.  I think it would be better to have it used, the kinks figured out, before a real emergency.  I especially need to figure out the recharging process for phones.

I also want to buy one of those crank-up radios for finding out what is happening after the disasters.  It is on my list!

*
Been working on my shopping list and budget issues... $150 doesn't go very far... I need to work it some more and decide what is a MUST and what will have to wait.

*
I tried to see the memorial for Billy Graham in DC, but the cable guide didn't actually have it at the channel it was suppose to be on. It had government meetings.  Later I found part of it, but not the speeches.  I have only been to one funeral in my life, and never want to go to another... it is not a good topic with me.  I never went to a viewing event.  People went up to the coffin and touched it... some seemed to be saying a prayer.  I'm not sure what normal behavior for a casket viewing is... it was a first for me to even see this.

I think I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread on a beach somewhere... a place I loved, if that is possible.  If not, out in the ocean and they can make their way back to the beach. 

Sometimes I see the obituaries and wonder what I would write about my life... then I heard / read something about obituaries.  It said you should look first at the obituaries to see the lives of important people where you live... I guess that is true.  Obituaries tell you what they did, what mattered to them, who misses them (maybe), and what someone feels was important about their life.  It is a lopsided view, but that is what we do as humans.  I doubt any poor people could afford an obituary... and I wonder what they would say.

I have heard it is an exercise in classrooms... to write your obituary... so you can think about the contents of your life.

I like the suggestion about how you would spend one million dollars, tax free.  What you spend money on tells a lot more about you.

I think the world is going to be very different without people like Billy Graham and the Crusade team.  We are heading into a new Christian era... I am wondering what GOD is going to be doing now.  There is always a witness, but it changes for the time of history it lives in.

*
I guess it is time to end this post... this is a late night for me.  I am glad I found those videos... my food list is going to improve in March!  :-)  I've been trying to figure out cauliflower for awhile, and tahini, and ice cream.  Now I can see if these recipes are any good.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May GOD provide a way for those who need His help to find it.
May our food supplies be protected, and our choices be better.
May life be filled with joy and goals that are good for the world.
May we all learn how to live in this world without hating people who are different,
and still being able to disagree, and not being forced to comply with someone else's bitterness...
Good healthy friendly choices... not crimes, sins, evil, or hurtful choices.
May we find better ways to solve our problems.

Mostly, we need to find ways to protect the things we need to survive as people...
food, water, air... May GOD help us to use our resources wisely.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.