24 February, 2018

Saturday, 24 February 2018

It is past sundown... the official Sabbath is over.
I am not sure I do the Sabbath "right" - like the Jews -
but, I do it the best I can.

My desire for the Sabbath and Working Together is to make our community food space into a fellowship space for the biblical Sabbath... with a pot-luck like eating option.  That would be a great way to get out of the house and away from housework and into an activity that is good for all of us... sharing time together and having fun.  Whoever wants to come can come.  No pressure, just the option being available.

I suppose there will be a lot of details to figure out, but it's the best I could do... trying to make the Sabbath a day of rest and fellowship.

Changing to a Saturday Sabbath, like the Jews, is difficult.  It puts you in-between the traditions of Christians and the traditions of Jews... the biblical version of the Sabbath.  It was hard to change from being a Catholic to being a biblical Christian, too.  It takes years to change fully.

Today was a day of "what should I do...." activities.  I ended up on my tablets, listened to the audio Bible I have on my tablet (Revelation... about six times while doing other things)  I would hear familiar passages and remember them... sometimes I sat down to listen again to them.  The core passages I talk about in my booklet - What If There Is NO Rapture? - and want to revisit and expand my thoughts about the topic and biblical references. 

I have had some trouble with my Bible time for some years now, so listening is at least a little help. My concern is the ability of techie people to alter our resources without our knowing, and destroying the Truth of GOD.  I know I have heard programs on the Christian radio station with errors that seem impossible for the person speaking... so, I just try to seek GOD about it.  We know Satan hates the WORD... we have to expect these things in a tech age, but I also don't know how we can deal with them... especially poor people like me... especially non-technical people... especially when the internet can be hacked from anywhere in the world.  The internet and terrorism are ushering in a global government, and there isn't going to be a way to stop it.

What would someone like John the Baptist, all alone (as a preacher) in the desert, do to remedy the attacks of his time... well, I don't know.  We can't ignore the implications, but we all don't have the capacity to fix these major issues.  Even the government/military is struggling with internet hackers and the damage they do.  I hoped to have found the people GOD wanted to protect us by now... but I wasn't able to.  If the world depended on me, that would not be good.  I depend on GOD.  I expect He would provide for these things if He could.

This is why I am always debating about the effects of "free will" and predestination.  So many ways of looking at these giant spiritual issues.

Now... I guess I will try to do some crafting. 

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May GOD provide for His people, those who love Him, those who seek to serve Him.
May our country find its way back to GOD.
May our churches find their way back to the Body of Christ.
May our families be protected from the assaults of Satan and his emissaries.
May our lives be true to His Word... and to each other... and to the salvation of the lost.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.