21 June, 2024

Another season of failed Christians in the media

 


I have to say I was shocked to see another mega minister in the news for their failures.  I was just getting over seeing Tony Evans exposed for an "unnamed sin."  Now that Robert Morris has been discovered for a pretty serious sexual sin at the age of 21 and beyond, I am waiting for the traditional set of three to be completed. 

It took about three videos at YouTube to understand the details of what happened.  It is really heartbreaking when you find this kind of failure in a leader.  His youth is not an excuse for this one.  If he wasn't a pastor, and such a big pastor, it might not matter as much, but it would still be a terrible thing.

I remember my youth.  In those days, college boys would get involved with high school girls.  I think we called them "jail bait" in those days.  I don't know if that's the term that is still used, but this was worse.  This was more like pedophilia. 

The life of being such a huge minister is probably like the life of a huge star.  People throw themselves at you.  The damage they do gets hidden, we never really know what their lives are like.  We see the public persona.

Only God knows the hearts of people.  We hear sermons about how Satan knows our weaknesses and does the best he can to destroy our lives and our souls by tempting us into submission.  It really is a daily battle.  The Enemy doesn't care about us, but GOD does.  I remember the moment I finally realized that the way out GOD promises to provide for us is sometimes just saying no.

Since I discovered the news about Tony Evans, I have thought about the issues around standing firm in GOD's Truth.  I have decided my mantra needs to be the words spoken by the three Hebrews refusing to bow down to a statue of the king in the land where they were held captive.  They told the king that their God could save them, but even if He didn't, they would not bow down.  

This is our need, today, in our time in history.

Even if GOD doesn't save us, make us safe, protect us from the anger and suffering that our Enemy brings into our lives, we will still not bow down.

It doesn't say we can become violent and hurt others.  They simply refused to do what the king had decreed.  They didn't fight what the Enemy decided was their punishment.  I didn't read anything about them trying to escape from the king's punishment.  Everything was focused on GOD.  

I hope I will be able to stand for GOD when life becomes very hard.  It has always been an issue with me because of the path GOD has taken me on.  

I have often wondered why GOD chose to put the desire for Working Together into my heart and life.  I am not a model Christian.  I suppose I model failure.  Three kids, three different fathers, no marriage.  I am sure I could share a lot of reasons for my failures, but they won't change the fact that I chose to sin.  Sin has consequences.  They never go away.  

I wondered why Robert Morris is suffering more consequences now.

I suppose GOD has a reason.  Perhaps He is leading Mr. Morris to a new path.  When we sin, GOD has to judge it.  I think He also has to lead us to a new place.  We will never be the same person after dealing with our sin, our weaknesses, our consequences, the pain we have caused others.  Only GOD knows the details in the life of Robert Morris. 

I can share that my sins resulted in greater consequences for each failure.  

I don't know if that is what GOD does with everyone, but it is what He did with me.

I should share my poster about choices and consequences.  It has a statement about the different effects of our individual choices.  


Maybe it will help you to see the effects of your decisions on others. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.