19 March, 2020

19 MAR - The power of CHOICE

Blogging my way to the future... will that create a history of my life? Somewhere... until it gets deleted.  :-)


I listened to a Focus on the Family radio theatre program (Adventures in Odyssey) on losing a loved one tonight... and cried through most of it.  The theme was how families are a mixture of saved and unsaved.  It is so hard to think of the people we love not making it into heaven.  CHOICE is a very huge freedom that is often abused, at another's expense in so many circumstances... salvation, abortion, euthanasia, government, and whatever you can think of.

CHOICE is our word for GOD's gift of Free Will.

The power of our choices is always on my mind these days... lots of prayers about what it means to us in this age.  How DOES God judge our sins, individual and corporate?  We like to think He is the author of everything bad in our lives, but He is not.  Some just happens, some is caused by us, some by others, some by Satan... If I ever find the answers to my spiritual quest, I will let you know.


I have been working on my big plan for this year as I learn new things.  I have been revising some of my goal pages to find a better way to keep track of everything.  Been reading as many articles as I can handle, depending on the day.

I tried my ADOBE account the other day because I found a password from 2010... imagine, I was signed up for Adobe in 2010.  I still haven't signed up for Illustrator, or the whole suite of their products "in the cloud" -- but I will, eventually.  I can do the tutorials until then.

I may sign up for the Microsoft Office suite first, because it is less expensive. I need to make some of my writings into digital selling options.

It is such a financial commitment I find it hard to make the plunge.  I liked it better when you could just buy the products once and then they were yours.  I hate the "cloud" - a false vision of security in the heavens... it is just a big server somewhere.

Been looking at computers and prices.

I like dedicated machines these days. I am thinking of getting a Chromebook for all the GOOGLE products.  Not yet, but when I can.  Money is always the issue.



I came across some posts by Dave Ramsey about surviving a financial struggle like the COVID-19 virus restrictions.  I shared it with those I could on my social media spaces.  You may want to look for information on how to cut back and rebuild... try daveramsey.com for some ideas.  I love most of his "baby steps" in financial foundations.

Many people live "paycheck to paycheck" even when their income is huge.  I love the way Dave Ramsey puts it ::  It isn't an income problem, it's a spending problem.   I know the Welfare version of life, lots of poverty and homelessness, but I can't imagine having huge incomes and not having money for life.  I guess the problem is some version of PRIDE... wanting to appear better/wealthier than you are... keeping up with the "Jones'"  When Ramsey explains it, he says all the money is committed before it is even received because of debt payments... cars, houses, credit cards... thousands of dollars of credit card payments.

One day I thought about my plan to have a credit card with only a $25 payment.  I realized my interest rate would be that much, so I could only carry a debt of $100 to make a payment to fit my budget.  The whole situation became clear to me.  I would have that $100 debt forever because I would only pay the interest every month.

I may try for a reloadable card now.  :-)



With all my reading and trying to make the best options fit into my life, I am slowly finding a path through this CHALLENGE.  I may post one-topic updates at my PATREON page, and then do a mixture of topics here.  I am still thinking about it, but that is my latest solution.  One topic might be better for everyone... you, me, anyone who finds my page.



I have created a folder to collect notes about what to share.  Nothing in it, yet, but it is right next to my computer space.  It should work great.  I was so busy today I didn't even get time to make a list of topics for this post.  I hope you will stay with me as I transition to better writing.


Let me find a graphic to share for today, and then I will be gone.
Pray that GOD will  "plow the field" for me  (from INDEPENDENCE  DAY) so I can just get going with my dreams.  I need so much, I really hope you will help me.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
etsy.com/shop/work2gather
patreon.com/DebsRetirementPlan









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.