12 March, 2020

12MAR - Marketing to find ONE MILLION supporters!

I actually spent $10 to buy a marketing ebook I saw on Etsy … yesterday, I think.  Time is so crowded I have a hard time remembering what I did on what day without my notes!  After downloading it and browsing the Table of Contents, I decided to see the Appendix topics, starting with building email lists.

That is one of my current challenges... how to do it, where to share the links to have people sign up, etc.  In reading some of the instructions, I realized I might just need my MailChimp (.com) account to do the "landing pages" I have read about elsewhere... big help!  I was trying to figure out how to make one! Soon I will head over to MailChimp and see what I can find.

The big problem was there was no publication date, and the shop was pretty deserted since 2018 or 2019, and the blog link had a top year of 2012!!!   So I left a message at the Etsy shop and will wait to hear back.  Knowing when something is written helps you to interpret the writing... if it is still useable.

ONE section shared the definition of "vulnerable" -- and that was very moving to me.  I would never have looked up the word myself, so finding this section was worth the book to me.  Her definition came by way of  dictionary.com (I search words now but I think it is still available).  Here are the three parts of the definition she shared ::

-- capable of or susceptible to being wounded or hurt, as by a weapon
-- open to moral attack, criticism, temptation, etc.
-- (of a place) open to assault; difficult to defend

It meant so much to me because of Working Together, the business-ministry I have tried to build for Christians in the End Times.  It meant so much to me because of all I have endured for some years.  It meant so much to me because our world is becoming more angry, more violent, more criminal, more unfeeling, more focused on "me" and money and whatever it takes to get "mine."  Some of the news stories I have been reading make me cringe...I can't imagine some of the things people are doing to each other, innocent kids, elderly people, people with disabilities, and more.

Right now I can't recall what she compared it to, but it may have been how vulnerable we are when we try to market our dreams to the world.   This section was on page 100, according to my notes.  The book is called "Marketing Playbook" and it is written by Lisa Jacobs.  --  It looks like it was published in 2017, found on a page when I was looking for her Etsy shop name.  :-)  I think you should be able to find her shop by searching her name at Etsy.

I still need to read the main chapters, but my mind is find ideas on how to reach that many people over this year.  It is such a huge idea, but I know others seem to do it.  I may not be worth all that attention, but I will still see what I can do.  I will try to read more over the weekend and find some ideas that will work for me.

I almost bought another older book about reaching people for support, but I need to read this one first... time is so full I hardly find time to read at all... well, important things, I guess.

I am finding the need for DESIGN software is becoming more critical.  It takes time to learn any program.  I worked in MAC when I first started using computers, at a college I went to. Then Microsoft took over my activities with creating things.  I have spent a long time now learning Open Office, mostly the spreadsheet option.  I think learning ADOBE may be the next step.  It seems to be necessary for all, or almost all, of my designing goals.  The "vector" image I have learned about recently is the one I have been needing for so many years... I think, I hope, I need to find out!  I will need to make a decision about that soon.

I made a design at Printful on a 6-12 month onesie to see what I could do for the baby clothes goals I am working on.  It is due to arrive tomorrow.  Here is the mockup of the design I made.  I hope it turns out the way I created it.




That's the best image I have so far. try to click on it to see if it gets larger for you.  I can't do that here.

I am trying to use the PRINTFUL design option and find a way to make it work for me better.  So far, text is the easiest tool to use, but it has great limitations. I tried one of their clip-art hearts here.

I want to find a way to create ONE design that can be placed on lots of different products.... it seems that vector images is that path.

In other moments I have continued my efforts to organize my notebooks and recordkeeping.  I am getting that done.  It's my effort to have my goals for review each day, my records of what I have to do and what I get done, my costs, my budget and how well I keep to it (or not)  --  I guess these are part of the whole year's learning curve.

My new Patreon tiers have helped me to find the place to put my goals... big goals and small goals.  I hope to achieve these and move into more of the things I have tried to accomplish all my life.  If  GOD  allows, I hope to reach a point where my "Bucket List" items are also checked off, maybe shared with my Patrons, and others.

Well, my head is full of things I am want to do and don't want to share with you yet. Pray for me. Help me to become who GOD made me to be.  Be a part of my efforts to save as many vulnerable people as possible.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
patreon.com/DebsRetirementPlan
etsy.com/shop/work2gather

and more
getting updated every week
hoping to catch up with this BIG Challenge  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.