07 January, 2019

Monday, 7 January 2019

How are you doing tonight?!
I always hope everyone is doing well.

It has been a long day for me... I am still reorganizing my living and crafting space... I bought two new shelves with my Christmas money so I put the last one of those up today.  I am now trying to get my "stuff" organized in the shelves.  I have also decided to reduce my books as much as possible... so I am trying to decide what is essential to keep, and what can find a new home.

It is hard.  With the problems the internet brings to our information supplies, having my own book collection is really important.  I hope to get this all figured out this week.

I finally ate my jicama bulb... I think it was more dried out than I would have liked.  I made "fries" with it, and saved some ends to slice thin for eating raw.  Next time I will make the fried earlier... soon after I buy the next jicama bulb instead of waiting so long and trying to figure out what to do with it.  They were OK... I ate them with ketchup.  I read something recently about how to cook veggies so they turn out right, so I tried their advice.  They said 400 degree oven... It worked OK at that temp, but next time I am going to try 375 degrees for an hour.  I did 30 minutes, then decided to turn the fries, and then tried 20 more minutes.  They were burning by then, so I took them out of the oven and ate them.  They were almost soft inside and crispy on the outside.  And that huge jicama kept me full for hours and hours.  I was so surprised.  Even so, small or medium will be enough for the next time...

In case you forgot, my resolution for this year is to eat less fried foods... and try to substitute more fresh whole foods, lots of fruits and veggies.  When you are concentrating on changes, it is hard to find a good normal.  I hope to have a good food flow by next month.  :-)   I found a wonderful used cookbook at the thrift store the last time I was looking, and I have been finding some really great recipes to try.  In my reorganization efforts, I am bringing the best of my weight-loss cookbooks to my desk space so I can keep on track.  It should help.  I hope so.

I went through many old newspapers today... I try to keep the articles I want to read later, share with someone else, put in my topical files, etc.  The process of seeing what is called news is always a very hard thing for me... I see the loss of GOD in the world, the agendas that we don't always notice, and more.  Suffering is hard to read and experience... we know the pains others are going through when it is something we have had to endure.

I posted at the WT blog today... I am working on posting at all the WT blogs over the course of every week... sorting through the topics that matter to me as a Christian and a human being, trying to get my files organized for sharing more specific details.  This should be a good year for getting a flow going... I'm trying to get more current on the details I see, the thoughts I have about Christian issues, and to share the sources I find with you.

Become a TRIAL Member of Working Together to keep up with developmental issues and how we are trying to grow to meet many needs.  There is a PayPal link on the homepage... work2gather.us

That my hope for this year... to build a base of members before next December.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
May the GOD we know and love bring us blessings to share with others.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.