18 December, 2021

Faith Friday on Saturday - again! :: What is happening this December!?! :-)

 I am trying to decide what is happening this month to miss two posts on Fridays....  I had a heavy day of shopping and then just seemed to forget to make my Friday post.  So sorry.  Not much to say, but I am working on continuity.

Today, I watched the whole STAR WARS TRILOGY on VHS tapes.  So fun to see it again.

I have sorted my movies and watched most of them again.  One tape that I thought was OK the last time I viewed it was WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS.  This time it had a lot of static, but I still want to keep it.  The values of way back when are so very different from today... it is also a statement about rural and urban values.  

I also watched my copy of THE YEARLING.  It had Gregory Peck and Jane Wyman as the main adult characters.  It was a reminder of values (rural, survival) in the Appalachian Mountains when it was being settled.  I kind of thought about the role of men in the different views it shared.  This one had a serious connection with surviving over the years, needing to grow your own food to live, and a look at how hard it was through the death of one's children.  The main family lost three from stillbirth to less than 3 years - b the grave marker information.

And more.

Someone started talking to me during my shopping activities, about the difference in our own lives and social values.  About the downward slide in values, safety, crime, etc.  The Bible tells us it will get worse because we are heading into the Antichrist.  Living through these changes is hard for every generation.

Electricity changed life when it came into our lives.  Water resources changed life when they were developed.  Machinery changed farming, then food resources, and distribution.  We change over time.  In some ways these changes are really great, in other ways they bring with them other kinds of problems.  How do we judge what is good "progress" when the effects are mixed?  I am not sure.

I try to think of how things affect Christians and prophecies.  That is a bit different than just how something changes our lives.  It seems we don't notice the rise of evil until it affects our personal lives.  I wonder if our times are like the days when Hitler was gaining power... and what we can do to change that path.

I suppose I would like to go to a safer location... avoid conflict... work on my own survival issues.  That won't help the world, but it does seem like a good solution.  I don't have the power to change things.  On my own.  So, finding a safe place seems like a plan.

I guess, in the end, it is GOD's call.  If He doesn't provide, we can't do anything... it is our place in His Plan.

Trust and Obey... that is what we do.

In Christ,  Deb  <3





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.