05 November, 2021

FAITH FRIDAY :: 5NOV2021 - on how we are so easily changed.

Just watched a Christian film about teens and a summer camp about learning horse skills.  Strange movie for me now.  I always wonder if other Christians are really like the movies.  :-)  This is a lot of people who were not "always" Christians see the world.

It's the end of a long week.  I don't know why, but the days seemed to take longer to pass this week.  I am hoping the time change this weekend will make next week better!  :-)  

What to say... 

I am more of a thinking type of person... searching for answers.

I watched a lot of YT videos the other day about earthquakes and liquefaction and prepping. I am about to do my major shopping for the month so this is an expensive thought.  It seems there is little to do about the "BIG ONE" on the west coast except pray GOD protects us or that death is not really painful.  I have been trying to prep for my own life for some time, looking for what I can do for myself and thinking about what my options for surviving might be.

With my age, the idea of dying is not that big of a thing.  I expect to go one of these days.  It's what happens when you get old.  I am trying to figure out the process for me, and what I need to do on the way.

I just keep going the best I can.

I guess I look for what I can do.

I wish I was in charge, had the resources to make the world a better place, but that is not what GOD has decided for me right now.  I don't stop believing, but I also don't push against GOD's Will and purposes for me.  It's not an easy stand to take.

Some of the videos I have been watching this week are about Social Security, the government battles for control of our future, and my search for ways to increase my income online. I saw a business video tonight that shared the concept of focus.  The author presented the view that what we focus on is what becomes our value... how advertising leads you to buy their product by showing you only things that will make you want to get their product.  It was a different way of saying the same truth we already know about advertising/marketing... or any presentation (sermon or lecture or article or movie or TV show or game or book or whatever we allow our eyes to see and ears to hear -- remember that verse?)

How to apply GOD's wisdom in our daily lives... THAT is the challenge.  :-)

I'm pretty tired right now so I hope I am not too confusing.  We can read the Bible fast and find it meaningless, or we can think about a serious passage for many years and still not understand what GOD is trying to tell us.  We get a little closer to GOD's Truth after years of hard thinking, but no one ever reaches the final version.  We will see that in the next life.

I hope to see you there.

In Christ,  Deb  <3


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.