13 November, 2021

FAITH FRIDAY :: 12NOV2021 - Trusting when we wait

11:35 pm

I moved my VCR yesterday, to a place I can access it better.  So far I have watched 6 of my collected movies.

Pocahontas

White Christmas

It's a Wonderful Life

Land Before Time

Batteries Not Included

Remember the Titans

I'm not sure how many more I will watch over the weekend, but I am going through my boxes of things to decide what to keep and what to sell or pass on somehow.  I want to reduce my possessions as much as possible right now.  

My big goal is to find space to do my art and crafts and writing and selling online.  It seems pointless to keep things that are not useful in my senior years.  So, I decided to only keep the things I still want to have until the day I die... whenever that is.

It is much harder than I thought it would be.  

A lot of memories are attached to things we have.  It is a long process deciding what really fits my life and goals and personal needs at nearly 70 years old.  Unless something has a monetary value, most of the people who inherit our stuff don't really want it.  This is another part of the downsizing effort.

In my thinking about end-of-life issues, I guess heaven is the main thing I still want to have - everything I possess will only be needed for a little while longer, and is only important to me.  I am trying to cover my burial and get my debts paid and take care of what might cost money in the future (like medical bills).

Morbid details that have to be taken care of.

In the middle of all this death stuff, there are still unfinished dreams that only GOD can provide for.  How much I could do is questionable.  Not impossible, but definitely in need of adaptations to accomplish.  I have never been able to find out.  I wonder if I will ever find out if I can do what I wanted to do.

We all pass through these spaces on our way to old age.

Maybe that is the reason some people have a "mid-life crisis" and go crazy trying to be young again.  :-)  

Tomorrow I find a box to start putting the discards into.  

We can't take anything with us to the next life, heaven or hell.  I hope I can decide what really matters to my future and let the rest go.

Pray for me.  Thanks.  Deb <3








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.