27 August, 2021

FAITH FRIDAY :: 27 AUG 2021 - Thinking about how GOD fits into our lives.

 It has been a long week!

I am working on making a better schedule for my posting activities, and I finally found something I think I can live with...  weekly posts instead of several days a week posting for some tiers.

I may have shared that I am trying to increase my income and create a better retirement for myself by making PATREON the main focus for my online life.  It has been a long struggle, with little results, but I trust that GOD will do what He says He will do... provide for us and to protect us, not arriving too soon or too late... always right on time.  I hope the blessings are shared with me soon!  Christmas is coming!   :-)

I got pretty serious about spiritual issues a few times (or more) this week.  I post replies to videos and social media posts, to emails, to anything that raises up a flag for me.  We are fighting so many battles these days... at every turn.  I sense that our lives are violated in ways we cannot comprehend, or control, or change.  This is the power of technology, and what will allow the ANTICHRIST to rule.

I answered a survey for Melissa Norris and that led to some thoughts about food and land and shelter.  I shared that we can stretch to help people with shelter needs if we have land, but how do we find food in a serious crisis...  (not a direst quote, just the idea of what I said.)  food is a finite resource and we all must have it to live.  It is a scary thought.  If we have food and others do not, they will take it from us.

Then there was the adoption issue... about kids who get tossed around the system all their lives and then thrown out into the world with little or nothing.  How can anyone help them?

I guess my laments are about money... not having the funds to make change happen.

That all goes back to GOD -- His provision.

Faith is such a hard thing to do when GOD is not doing what we want Him to. 


How does FAITH work in your life?

I have been seeking GOD about these issues for my lifetime.  I hear our own versions of rhetoric and then I wonder about real people and real life.  I see how GOD works in my life, in your life I only see the tragedies or the testimonies, neither of which are fully known or verified to me.

I read the Bible and I see the same words as others, but my experience tells me there may be more than one "truth" about them... especially those parts where denominations disagree or cults claim as the basis of their faith.  It's a very hard thing to make a final decision on.  I just try to find my own answers and trust that GOD will see my honest searching when judgment time comes.

One of my hopes for Working Together was to bring all the leaders of all the denominations and groups that claim to have the truth about everything in the Bible together every summer from the 4th of July to the end of forty days... mid-August some time.  I called it FORTY DAYS IN THE WILDERNESS because the Israelites wandered in the desert for forty years.  I know the differences between us won't go away easily, but if we return to the table to discuss the reasons why we feel our version is the right one, maybe we will all find GOD's viewpoint and change into the ONE Body of Christ we are meant to be.

It was a good idea, I think, because other ministries started doing Forty Days of Prayer, and some other forms of the concept.  I always wonder why GOD didn't provide for WT to start that.  With technology, the event, the discussions, everything could be online, with options for public comments and involvement.

I had some great ideas, but no money to get them going.

It can still be done.  We just need to make the space and find the leaders who can seriously represent their denominations.

How can we become ONE BODY in Christ It is really important that we do.  All these divisions make us weak, like the divisions in our families, our communities, our countries.  We need to protect each other.

I guess FAITH means we think GOD is going to do it for us...which He will, to a point.  That saying we hear all the time :: "God helps those who help themselves."  ::  is it really true?  Do we make it happen, or does GOD?  This has been an ongoing discussion in my mind and life.  Some "blessings" come from Satan.  How do we know when they are from GOD?

It isn't easy to be a believer.  :-)

I better stop here or I will go on forever with all kinds of conflicting thoughts about Faith.  I hope we find these answers together... as a single group of people who believe in what the Bible says, what GOD is all about, and want to do our best to follow Him.


I made a mug out of my own statement about what the BODY OF CHRIST is... I'm going to share a link here.  Maybe you can buy one, or two, or three.... so I can increase my income and find a better old age than my poverty life has been.  :-)

Inspirational CHRISTIAN MUG in 11oz & 15oz sizes two | Etsy

15-ounce White Ceramic Mug - Original CHRISTIAN Message on the Body of Christ | eBay






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.