04 June, 2020

JUNE is here!

Today I have been working on my planning pages for all my posting.  I had to revise my forms/worksheets twice.  I may try to offer some of the pages I am creating as email list freebies or as benefits for my PATREON supporters... or both.  Not sure.  Working on those decisions.

I just discovered you can make "PAGES" at Blogger a little bit ago so I tried it out on three designs, one deleted.  After I figure out making the pages, I will figure out how they become accessible to my readers.  This is a new option.  I can see the possibilities.  Right now I will just work on this blog, then I will think about pages for my other blogs.

In my efforts to improve my content I read through my most recent blogs... here and the public post for May at Patreon.  I wanted to list the topics I have been sharing recently.  In time I may go back through 2020 to have a full year record, but that is a lot of work and I am not yet sure I need to do that.  My real focus is my posting in the future.

My form with seven format lines didn't work for the blogging options, but it will work for my writing goals. I ended up with a form that has FIVE format lines, which will be for the weeks of a month.  I am going to find out this month how that works.

In reading over my posts a lot of thoughts came back.  I checked on my Spiritual Resources page at Working Together today and visited some of the links.  Watched sermons by Adrian Rogers and D James Kennedy (Classics). 

I was looking for the dates of the Shoebox Collection Week for this year and checked on their STORE items... I decided to buy the $2 silicone card holder ($1 shipping) and see what it was like. I want an RFID holder, but not one with the Sam's Purse logo on it.  This one might be used for my annual efforts to do shoeboxes... it depends on the sticky things they have for it to go on a cell phone.

Then I was reminded of Ravi Zacharias and decided to enter a memorial donation.  I was waiting to do that.  I like to put the page links on my taskbar for things I need to get back to. So that is done.

All the memories of pastors who are gone now became part of my day. The topics I wrote about last month became part of my day.  Thinking about our future as a nation, the health of the Body of Christ, Prayer and how GOD works in our lives, and more, made my day very serious.  

FOOD became a topic again today.  If I wasn't forcing myself to live on what I have, I would want to be at the store every day, looking for easy food to make.  

I am seeing that survival in farm economies is really a desperate situation when you "run out" of things.  Dried foods (fruits and veggies) are a serious necessity to get through the year until the next harvest.  All this make me want to structure WT Communities better.

You can't "make" fresh produce when you want it.  It's easier to save rice and grains, which are good for our health, but what to put with them?  Making meals with emergency pantry foods has been a challenge for a long time... I keep discovering new ideas as I search.

HOW to change this is my quest, and eventually at a global level.  All those terrible photos of starving people, especially children, are so different now... just because I am discovering how it FEELS to have these problems in a very small way.


My PANTRY goals are different now.


I posted a video about the GREAT DEPRESSION at my Facebook PRAYERS page. It is a short video with testimonies about people who still remembered the times from their youth... it helps to remember that these things happen and we need to prepare the best we can. (I watched a longer one after posting this at my page, with a really good history of why it happened in the eyes of historians.) It would be worth a few hours of exploring this topic.

It helps to remember that good people suffer when they have not done anything to deserve it.  Watching videos on economic problems has helped me to remember what matters most.  It shows that everyone suffers in different ways.  It also shares that image seems to be the main thing for the rich, and poor people get very creative in trying to survive.  

Another good point to remember, some of the people in these videos didn't feel like they were suffering more than others because everyone they knew was struggling.  For myself, the really hard reality hit when someone shared that people had no money for shoes, even when they were provided clothes through some form of government charity... the video said people wrapped their feet in newspaper and then cardboard just to cover them... in the cold weather, I think.

You really should watch the short video I posted a link to... it may help to get through these times we face now.  People who have no back-up plan, no emergency fund, are going to suffer is we can't find a way to help them.



I watched videos about the 2008 recession as well... with topics about real estate and retirement and other income issues, including job losses and trying to recover.  Social Security is my only income.  I am very worried about it, especially since I haven't been able to supplement it with my many years of trying to sell online.


All these videos have been watched "along the way," over time, sometimes having marathons on the weekend, or a few hours during a day.  I don't know if you have access to my viewing history at YouTube, but that is where most of my watching happens.  Sometimes I get a vimeo response from a search, but I tend to explore YouTube most.

I guess that is enough for now.  My planning efforts should be done by next Thursday.  :-)    Who know what the future will bring you!!

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
and more...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.