12 June, 2020

11:47pm - Thursday, 11 JUNE 2020

I waited to post because I wanted to finish watching some videos about  INCOME INEQUALITY  in Germany. It's a three-part series.

1  https://youtu.be/AFIxi7BiScI  --  posted  18 AUG 2018
2  https://youtu.be/cYP_wMJsgyg  --  posted  12 DEC 2018
3  https://youtu.be/wEufTD39xrw  --  posted  24 MAR 2019


I watched the first one last weekend I think, then I discovered the other two parts today. This seems to be a popular cry in struggling nations, including the USA. I wanted to see what it looked like in Germany.  DW is a news channel I use to watch on PBS in the past, so I am a little familiar with their reporting.

It is interesting to listen to the tones of people's voices as they report... sometimes the anger is toward the rich, sometimes the government, sometimes... I can't remember them all. I noticed the most negative impressions were connected with anyone who had money.

The focus of the videos was one man, who has risen to his wealth from a construction job. The needs of business take over.  Family is sacrificed, but the children are able to enjoy the best of benefits wealth provides.  If I had wealth, I would want to give my children the best, too.  It is what we do as parents. 

I think the war against the rich is misguided.  It seems to lead to revolutions through out history... I didn't study history enough to know why, and I don't care that much about it to study now. I feel it is wrong to expect the rich to just give up their money because the poor and the government have decided they need it.

=====

Earlier today I listened to my Christian music videos in my LIKE file, too...  I decided to post one at my Facebook Prayers page.  I called it Worship in music. It is one of my favorite songs. If I had a copy on a disk, I would put it on repeat for a long time.  I hope you try to listen to it.    (facebook.com/work2gather.Prayers

I also listened to the FARMER ad from the 2013 Super Bowl again... Had to post that on my regular social media pages.   (facebook.com/DeborahMartin.2014) (twitter.com/work2gather) 

The other day I posted at my FOOD blog, and then my SHELTER blog.  I am catching up.  My planning pages are growing, and I am getting my details collected.  I didn't get a list for today, but I did try.  I discovered it is hard to make a list.  Over the weekend I will be able to work on that.

=====

I finally signed up for  Microsoft 365  and have been trying to learn and relearn the Office suite of products I use to know well.  I am happy that they still have PUBLISHER for PC's as I want to use it again.  I am trying to decide if it will be better to save the documents as ADOBE pdf's or just leave them as WORD documents -- for eBook options.

The final event that made me sign up was trying to create a PRESENTATION with Open Office. I have problems with Open Office when I am attached to the internet.  It's not their fault, but it made me want to try Microsoft.  So I am discovering all the problems with MS365 now.  :-)   

=====

I'm not sure what I am feeling about the spiritual issues I see in our world.  I am praying a lot these days, hoping GOD will provide for us.  I watched at least one more video about the economy today, with references to the Great Depression.  It was a look back at the 2008 Housing Crisis, with the people who were there invited to gather and share their experiences for the documentary.  It shows how little the people know about what is happening in government.  We were protesting the rich, housing losses, and the pain we were going through economically, the government was desperately trying to save the nation.


  • It also showed me that the options we had then are gone now.
  • It made me wonder if the stimulus was a hidden effort to save the economy again. (I watched a couple investment videos about the economy from more recent times today, so they were fresh on my mind.)
  • It made me hope that TRUMP is re-elected and will be able to help us survive an economic crisis.


Today was a hard day.

I keep wanting to tell people to move their retirement funds to their home... to make sure they own their home and won't lose it for tax payments. I hate the thought of people losing their lifetime investments in their homes... and retirement funds. Stocks are not a guaranteed income. If you have the mortgage paid off, you at least have a place to weather the long recovery that will happen.

Sorry to get so serious... but homelessness is not fun. I still remember scenes from videos I have been watching on the housing crisis... when you lose your house, everything gets tossed out on the street. They just don't care.  One young man still cried about the memory he had of that moment.  The videos show discarded possessions like baby walkers.  It is such an awful thing to happen to anyone, rich or middle class or poor.

We don't really have a safety net with the debt level anymore.  Watching other countries battle these same issues, seeing how our country is becoming more like them... we are not immune from economic disasters.

I hope the church will be able to help, whatever happens.  People who don't have anything to share can't help the church.  It's a very connected problem.  We will all be suffering.

Pray for all of us.
Maybe GOD will have mercy on us.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
and more...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.