27 February, 2020

27FEB - Doing what you can to move forward

The weekly routines are BEGINNING to find a path in my life... updates, improvements, reorganizing, time... It is still not the way I want it to be, but this is where I am.

I decided to post a graphic I found at CANVA.com, I think... I liked the statement.  I have probably shared it before, but this is a good reflection of how I feel today.





I still don't recall who Brian Green is (right now) but this message is a great reminder when you don't have all the things you want to have.

Yardwork is beginning to take more time, especially in sunshine weather.  :-)  I'm working on my berry bushes in the back yard, trying to contain them, looking for ways to improve the berry harvest from that particular group of plants.  Each year I discover new things about blackberries.

No garden plan yet.  I have plenty of seeds and am now thinking of getting a small shelf with a "greenhouse" cover for it.  :-)  It's about $25 at BiMart here.  I am not sure it is something I need to buy... so I am still in the thinking stage about it.  I have always admired the really big greenhouses and thought that would be great for planting my seeds and experimenting with growing food.  Some food items I want to try are not for this climate, but I understand you can still grow them if you can control the temperature somehow.

I found a seed on one of my son's plants in the yard, maybe an olive tree, and decided to plant it to see if it grows.  I read somewhere, a long time ago, that seeds need to go through winter to be able to grow in the spring... the freezing is said to do something to the inner workings of a seed.  I don't recall all the details, but this seed survived the winter.  Hopefully it will grow.

The yellow plum tree is growing leaves and flowers... probably flowers right now.  I see it when I go outside for something, like walking the dogs.  There is another reddish plum tree growing near it, but I have yet to understand this version of plum.  I have seen them in the Northwest, in Oregon, but not sure if they are worth the effort, maybe a wild plant.  I think last summer I called them plum cherries, because of the size they are.  My yellow plums seem to get bigger and better every year.

Food is very important to survival.  It is high on my list.  If I finally get some land to grow on for the future, deciding what to plant is going to be a big issue.  When we go to the store, we buy certain things because they can be used for so many things... like potatoes, onions, carrots.  Other foods can be expensive because they have to be shipped in... like avocados.  One of my questions still not answered is about wheat... how much wheat do you need to make a cup of flour?  Once you know how much flour you need, you can plant that much wheat seeds.

I had to go to the bank to try to (again) fix problems with my accounts and the person that helped me asked me how I would describe Working Together...  work2gather.us  ... my lifetime effort that doesn't seem to get anywhere.  I realized it was about search terms.  I hadn't thought about what kind of search terms I would use for WT before... just my mission statement and the Body of Christ statement I have created because of it.  (https://www.etsy.com/shop/work2gather - I put it on a mug with the logo design I have for WT)  My plan this weekend and next week or until I find the right search terms for it is to answer that question.

I ended up with "Christian Membership Organization" but I think I will try to find a better one or two to describe it.  Everything is built on membership fees, that becomes our budget for each year.  These words don't really describe the SURVIVAL aspects behind Working Together... but how to get them into a search term... I don't know.

Well, I have to go get something done right now, so this will be it for today... I think.  I may add a second post later.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin
#My2020PatreonChallenge
work2gather.us
and more



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.