13 February, 2020

13FEB 2020 Challenge Update

Hello to all...

I can't believe what I discovered today!

I found a YouTube video about "Forever Foods" (things that last a LONG time in a pantry), and the maker had a Patreon page.  So I went to check it out (Prepsteader).  When I went to contact her, there was no place to connect for questions or comments! I went to the website (prepsteaders.com) eventually and found a Contact Us form, so I tried that.  As I write this there seem to be problems connecting with her sites... hope it is just a glitch from here.

Now I am waiting to see what I hear back, if I do.
I was amazed that I couldn't just ask a question.

I was asking the page creator if she liked being a part of Patreon, and if she would check on my page and suggest anything.  I shared that I make every tier a different project, and am trying to focus on exclusive benefits (available only to supporters), and that I want to find the right place to suggest the ONE-TIME donation button, separate from signing up.  I hope to do this more often and get more feedback.

Note::  I was looking for her name  (something like Christi Swartz) and discovered her YouTube channel states over a hundred thousand subscribers, since 2012.  I probably won't hear back from her, her Patreon only has 18 supporters.  (Found her name!  Christa Swartz -- only one letter off!  :-)

I do see this a lot.  I think there is a flow that each person has to find.  I would like Patreon to be my first space because of the tiers... as I move forward, I can build up and slow down as needed... the funding is month-to-month and that works great for the money issues. My individual project tiers will become a varied participation option.  I am interested in many things, so that works best for me.

If only GOD would just bless my efforts.  :-|  He just doesn't seem to listen to me!    :-)

====

This week's Patreon Update has a graphic that is pretty close to one I might use to advertise my quest.  I am waiting until I decide what to promote.  I have a very limited amount of funds.  I may try to do a quarterly ad campaign, while I learn about this process and decide where to focus my money and time.

Let me see if I can post the graphic here...


It looks blurry here, so I hope it looks better after I post this.  You can see it better at the page...


This one has a lot of the information to share with people as an advertisement.  I may need to do a post boost if it doesn't work as the right ad size.  I guess we will find out soon... I need to start getting that information.



Below are the new tier photos (graphics) I made for identifying the tier for the Challenge.  The first one had too much information to read it right... so I remade it into the second version.

Note -- I am trying to post all of these at the Pinterest board for this Challenge.
https://www.pinterest.com/work2gather






Creating graphics for all the different spaces online is quite a challenge in itself.  Canva has prepared sizes for some of the social media needs, and Twitter posts are what I do most of my graphics as, but the tier options are 460x200. This seems to be very different.

It was also my first effort, so I had no idea what would fit.  I am planning to make more, especially for the recycling tier.  Once I get some of my crafts made, I can use them as the graphics..  

=====

I am wondering if my page name is a big hindrance to my current quest...  I chose the name because that is what this support is for... to help me build up my finances so I can do as many of the things I have been trying to do all my life as I can.  Crafts, WT, Bucket List, etc.

When it is attached to my support Challenge, it sounds like just a retirement plea... which it is, kinda... but not with this Challenge.

What to do.
If you have any suggestions, let me know.

=====

Guess that is enough for now.  I am beginning to make lists of topics to share and notes about things to write about.  Maybe my journal will help with that.  I am beginning to write more details about my days and have begun to just write on pages as I need them for each day.  I was trying to keep it to two pages per day, but that isn't working.  CHANGE is always necessary!  :-)

In Christ,
the Great Savior,
the Life,
and our hope for heaven.

Deb Martin
work2gather.us




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.