25 February, 2022

FAITH FRIDAY :: 25 FEB 2022 - What to say about change.

Hello to a real Friday post.

It seems like the change causes all kinds of other issues.  Moving things around your house.  Getting rid of some things, getting new things... it is hard to remember what you still have.  Plus other reasons like storage, theft, donating, selling.  I guess we need to just deal with the days as they come.

I have seen a few decent movies recently.  Well, some had better meaning as a thinking topic, but others were done well.  I wouldn't know if the content was true, but when they claim to be based on a true story you hope the details presented are close to the truth.

I guess it's like the Bible.  A lot of things are not stated, but we can imagine what they might be like.  I am thinking of the movies made about the Bible and what it says.  We take them as truth, especially if we don't study the Bible for ourselves.  

One example that has always stayed with me is one of the old movies about Christ's death.  The person who made this film decided that GOD would have done something that a Man could not when the curtains in the Holy of Holies (I think that was the curtain that symbolized the separation between GOD and Man) was torn.  He made it fall apart by spitting horizontally completely.  I have always wondered how they even accomplished that feat.  It's a great scene in the movie, but I never even thought about it until I heard/read about his views somewhere.  

No one was there.  We don't have a record of how it was done.  He knew GOD and knew GOD would make sure the people saw that it was HIS work, not anyone else's.  The curtain was an enormous statement about GOD's holiness and the destruction of that symbol was His way of showing the Jews that things have changed.

It's like the parting of the waters to let the Jews cross over on DRY land.

It's like the pictures we have of Christ.  The Shroud of Turin is the closest thing we have to knowing what Christ looked like.  Our examples all make him beautiful, appealing, happy.  The Bible says the opposite.

But getting back to the movies on YouTube...

I love movies as a way to relax, to get away from other ongoing projects.  Once I start one I usually have to watch the whole thing to see what develops, how the film and characters and story are crafted.  It is a downfall of mine sometimes.  

Lately I keep finding PG movies with really objectionable scenes... I wonder if the uploader does this on purpose or if the meaning of PG has changed over the years.

I have started to make a search each time I log in to find "free Christian movies." What comes up is sometimes a surprise, sometimes the same things, sometimes movies I have already seen.  

My home page at YouTube is not always filled with good options.  I guess the choices that come up can keep me from movies and other videos that are worth watching.  

Distractions.  And they usually work.

It has become a goal now to control my time better, watch things that matter - that are worth the time I spend to see them.  This is a LONG-term project (like eating healthier to lose weight and feel better), but I am finding ways to change my bad habits into better choices.

Maybe I will add some movie reviews to my posts.  I am looking for better topics to develop and post about... like my sharing of my notes on BEYOND BLESSED.

I will try to get the details gathered and share what most impacts me as I go through my spiritual quests.


It can be a challenge to honor GOD in our lives.  The Bible tells us it will only get worse.  Maybe we need to prepare better options for that difficult future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.