09 April, 2020

9APR Update - Continuing the #2020Challenge

Monday seems so far away... the days are full, so many little things.  Today is another busy full day, and I am tired.  :-)

I went shopping again later in the day today... some toilet paper was available, but I decided to wait and look for "my brand."  I got most of the other things I needed... except...   I guess I got enough for the current need.  

I do hope there are no people who are suffering in a serious way.  

I use to have to get food at community meal spaces.  And food boxes from those who offered them.  As time went on, the organizations got together to avoid the "scams" of those days.  I am not sure what goes on these days... and I hope I don't have to find out.  I was young then, and my situation is very different now.  I support food organizations as much as I can because I understand the need.

My 2020Challenge is slowly becoming a better plan.  I didn't know there would be so much to learn.  That is the way things go... we think it's easy, just a simple action, and the best results will be ours.  :-)  That's how life seems to catch us and take us forward... I hope it will be forward!!

The time it takes for everything is really a big learning experience.  The "list" becomes more and more important.  You have to "weed out" the things that really cannot get done.  Each day is a new list and a new priority.

It would be easier with more money, but this is the place I am at, so I have to deal with it.  We can only "start where we are" and keep moving.

I made a chart for the year way back in January... to keep track of the new activity and see how the progress went.  So far, it's a blanket of zeros.  That could be depressing, but I see GOD's Hand in what seems like failure... that is why I keep going.  GOD is doing something, I just don't know what it is... or who is involved.

This next week I am heading into more designs and more listings... the added listings are opportunities for income.  The budget this month is crashed unless I get one of those payments from the government for retired people on Social Security.  Depending on how much that is, I may be able to do more than I currently am able to do.  I don't want to plan any funding, but if I have it in hand I will then work on how to best spend it.  (I have lots of lists to choose from.  :-)

If I can, I also plan to update my Working Together website  (work2gather.us) -- it needs links to all its blogs and social media.  I am also working on how to make PDF links for the information and applications that are associated with each program.  Income is so important for the WT Plan that I am again organizing a list of income options for each program.  Then I will have to decide, again, which one to work on first... and that also depends on finances.

Where to put a link for building an Email List has been part of my decision process for some time.  As I update the WT website I will try to find the best solution for that.

I am currently trying to learn the new process for making ADOBE PDFs to make the links for WT and other projects I'm working on.  If I get a stimulus payment, I may go ahead and use it for the ADOBE subscription and see what I am able to do with it.

I am also thinking I will sign up for the Microsoft Office 365... which is less expensive... with my current budget.   I have been working on the options this past week... finding out where I am in my budget and finances and what I can "squeeze" out of it to pay for the subscription.  :-)   [think :: my piggy bank graphic]

I figure we can only budget the money we have...  I guess that is why I keep waiting for GOD to bless... and wondering why He hasn't.

That reminds me... I discovered a typo in my digital listing for my writing called SERVANTS, so I am doing that over and will relist it, and other things, as I learn the ADOBE PDF process.  I will go ahead and share the text here... because I love it, and because I want you to see it, and because it is a good reminder of where we stand in the process of life with GOD.  When I get it formatted, it will look a lot better and be ready to frame and display on your walls.  I may try to offer pre-framed options for gifting... again, that depends on money.

All these better options were (are) planned for growth activities when I got going.... I am still at the beginning.


Each moment, each day,
the mysteries of God unfold.
They surface in the innocent words
and complex actions
of those who share our lives…

Through our families, our friends,
through strangers and His tender
manipulations of our circumstances,
God speaks to us –
if we are willing to listen.

By the same methods
He uses us to reach out
to a lost, hurting world,
and to fellow saints –
when we are willing to be channels
of His mercy and grace.

In all things it is our choice…
to listen, to obey, to be devoted to,
and used by our Lord.

When we live in constant awareness
of the promptings of the Holy Spirit,
Life becomes an adventure
of enormous proportion,
and we become servants
of the One true God.


SERVANTS
by Deborah Martin
work2gather.us


I hope you like it, too.  I never get tired of reading it... even after all these years.


In Christ,
Deborah Martin
work2gather.us
and more.  :-)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.