21 August, 2017

21 August 2017

Wow, the eclipse was something!

I didn't get to see the total eclipse where I live, but it sure got darkish as the sun went away in my area... so strange looking.  It wasn't like regular dark, and it wasn't like regular dusk happening... like a shadow, I guess.  When there is a big forest fire nearby, the sky gets strange from the smoke making a kind of shadow... it has the color of fire sometimes.  I guess the sun is like a fire, but it didn't make a fire shadow that I have seen before.

I watched the event online at the NASA live link.  In just a short time they followed the eclipse across the country... as it started and ended at different states along the way from Oregon to South Carolina.  In less than three hours it was over.  I was happy they finally showed the darkness of the total eclipse by the time they got to the last place.  It was so amazing to me that even the smallest rays of the returning sun changed that darkness to bright light again.

I tried to take photos in my yard as it progressed, but the camera didn't pick up the changes... it all looked the same.  I wonder what kind of camera you need to get those shadows to appear as they are.  I suppose there will be something made by the next one.

*
Been busy with my September budget tonight, which is why I am barely getting this post in on time... and may be just over the midnight deadline for the actual post.  Making the amounts come out even is quite a challenge for me.  I try to make lists of things I have to buy each month, and try to fit in the things I would like to get but can do without.  I am trying to save for a decent, relatively new, computer for all my online activities and creative plans.  Doing without is my theme this year.  :-(  

Well, I think I will try to get this posted before midnight.
I will make tomorrow's post as long as it needs to be.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

May God help us to prepare for the changes that the earth and the solar system can do.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.