15 August, 2017

15 August 2017

This day was long...
I was able to listen to some news today... and made a comment about it at ABC's Facebook page for their world news program.  I don't think I have ever made a comment there before.  I have done some @ABC posts at Twitter...  :-)  I'm sure my comments get lost in the floods of responses they get, but I still feel the need to make my statements.  It is why I do things like this blog and others.  Why I want to write books.  I don't know if I'm the silent majority, but I am pretty sure I'm not heard clearly. 

Today I have been thinking about faith, and about prayer, and about what applies to this journaling process.  My life consists of faith and prayer... they are the only reason I still exist.  I apply my faith in GOD to every problem I face.  I suppose that means everything in my life would fit into this blog somehow. 

My concerns for America are among the issues I talk to God about.

When Trump ran for President, I didn't think he would get very far.  I haven't seen many "ordinary" people even get into these races.  His media manipulations were very amazing, and the response of the people even more astounding.  In my own thoughts, I wondered if he could make the changes we need in our country to become healthy again, to change the focus of Washington from taxes to business strategies that would support the programs created and eventually create income. His business background was the main reason I hoped his Presidency would work.

I don't like all that Trump seems to stand for, but every president has issues with some part of America and the world... no one is perfect.  If the citizens elected him, we needed to figure out why... and look for God's reasons for lifting him up into that position.  Every candidate says lots of things when they are campaigning, but no one is a one-man government.  Everything changes when you get up into the job.  You find out things you didn't know before the election, you discover more divisions, actually doing what you said you would do becomes impossible.  This is life in our times... this is our election process.

What does America need?  We all seem to have different ideas about what will solve our many problems.

Can we survive anything the way we think we can?  We think the past will be the future...forgetting that we are subject to the same laws of the universe as everyone else.

Are we really invincible?  Is military might our only claim to fame?  Bigger images than ours have been brought down by things they never expected... we are very vulnerable to harm in our age, through the computer, through the lack of morals, through the economic burden we have created for ourselves, and more.

If God's protections are no longer part of our story, what will His judgment look like?  The Bible cites natural judgments that create great suffering are God's tools to turn people back to Himself... our economies are so fragile, and we base our plans on things that won't exist much longer... bankruptcy is a long process, but it eventually happens when our financial choices are bad, the economy is faulty, or disaster hits.

I don't expect to live that much longer, so the problems I see will most likely affect other people. My children and other family and friends may be among them. 

When my life became so immersed in poverty issues, I searched for solutions.  In creating Working Together  (http://work2gather.us) I had hoped to build new ways of doing things to change what poverty does to lives.  It was an effort to move away from government provision and control.  Then it became a ministry focused on the Christians who would suffer what the Bible says is coming. 

I'm not sure I can accomplish any of my goals for Working Together, but I am doing what I can in those directions.  I spend my time planning what I might do if God provides before I am gone.  It has become my life to find answers to the needs I know will exist, and to watch for the signs of trouble that may apply to prophecies in the Bible. 

Today, I looked for more answers, tried to find a path to the future, prayed for God to protect and provide, did what I could.
I will do the same tomorrow.

Holy God, hear my prayers.  Show me the way to Your Will.  Guide my life into the place you want me to be.  Provide for my needs.  Protect me from harm.  Amen.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.