17 June, 2023

Still thinking...

 It takes me a long time to find a workable path, but when I finally decide on something I just keep going -- unless an unknow problem comes up.  :-)   I guess that seems to happen a lot when we are heading toward something.

This week I have been trying to remember what I said in all my statements online.  :-)  What days to post, what to post about, how to get it all organized, how to find the details for important sharing.  


I bought some lottery tickets this month, when I was shopping and the jackpots were very high.  I keep thinking it could be a good way for GOD to fund Working Together since it is a lot of money and doesn't have "strings attached" to it.  I would never be able to get a traditional loan... and I don't want debt anymore.  I tried several ways to accept donations over the years, but those efforts didn't work out.  And I have created products to sell that didn't turn into a purchase.  WT Memberships haven't worked either.  So, the lottery seems like my only hope... a possible way for GOD to provide... so I just buy one ticket and wait for what would definitely be a miracle for me.

I don't know if I would call one ticket gambling.  Some people say playing Bingo is gambling.  I don't see how that works for my level of playing.  Gambling is a tough topic.  It's like drinking.  Some people can only have one or two drinks, others can't stop if they have the first one.  

In my quest for trying to decide about GOD providing through the lottery I once used my tithe to purchase tickets to see what would happen.  That was a waste of money.  :-)  A lesson on the path of faith and financial need.

Eventually I decided buying a single ticket when it happened to cross my path and the prize was very high was not too much.  So that is where I am at today.  I buy a ticket so GOD can choose to provide that way, but I don't get obsessed with the option.  With the lottery you have to have a ticket just to have the option.  So I buy one ticket.

I still continue trying to sell things online as a way to create income... Etsy, Ebay, PayPal links.

I have a Patreon page for finding income through crowdfunding.

I have the membership link for WT.

And I am trying to decide how to ask for donations, other than my PayPal.me options.

At my age I wonder what I would do with GOD's blessings, if they happened, especially a large amount like the big jackpots with the lottery. and I figure GOD would help me spend it as fast as I could so Christians would be helped.  

These issues are more important than I ever thought about before.  It's the age issue.  I could die before I even get the check to spend!  Crazy.  After all these years.  And still I hope.

When we seek GOD for important things, the details seem to matter a lot.

We want to make sure we are in right standing with Him, and don't block His blessings.  We make all kinds of promises about the answer we want.  We look for all the ways He might bless us.  We pray with intensity.  We expect Him to do what we seek Him to do, or try to get a reasonable substitute for our desired solution.  Faith is not easy.

With all the problems in our nation, and the rest of the world, surviving is high on the list of my conversations with GOD these days.  There are problems we face now that have never been in our lives before.  The increase in evil, the separations within families, the needs of aging, and more, all create desperate prayers to a GOD that hasn't answered me in the ways I thought He would.  I don't know what to expect, what to plan for, what to do on my own.  Prayer is essential but doesn't always seem to "work."  :-)

I am wondering how all the other Christians in the world are doing in their prayers and blessings.  How is GOD going to care for us as times get worse... 

I guess there isn't much we can do to survive whatever is coming.  We have to trust that GOD will provide as each day passes.


My ongoing efforts to survive are continuing.

I'll end this post here, but may return for other details of my quest for GOD to provide.


In Christ,

Deborah Martin

https://work2gather.us













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.