31 October, 2020

FAITH :: The power of Money in our lives.

I hate to say it, but I went to bed so tired and fighting off a headache, forgetting it was SATURDAY, and my new posting date for this blog.  So sorry.  I will get the hang of this!  :-)

I have been watching old movies this weekend.

I finally watched a Shirley Temple movie again... Poor Little Rich Girl.  I had no idea it was suppose to be about Barbara Hutton, the Woolworth heiress.  I searched for some info on her as I was linking around and she had the saddest (and richest) life for her day.  The Shirley Temple movie wasn't about that... so I don't know if it was really linked to her. 

Barbara Hutton's mother died when she was 4, and her father abandoned her.  She was passed around and never loved by anyone... throughout her entire life it seems.  She was married at least seven times and died alone in a major hotel where she lived at the end of her life, virtually broke.  One comment made about her was the waste of her money on things that had no meaning, how her life could have been so different if she would have found a passion in some form of community service.

It was such a study in wealth for me.  I really had no idea she existed before the other night.


I am having a hard time thinking of what else to share since I brought up that topic.  Money is the biggest distraction we have from faith in GOD and salvation and values that bring us happiness.

The Bible tells us the biggest choices we have is between GOD and money.

As I have struggled with poverty, I have seen different parts of the battle and why money has such power.  It becomes a tool of Satan in the Christian community as well... in churches, in ministries, in fame, in power, in the hidden pride of what it means as we think it's GOD's approval for our lives.

I created a statement to keep me focused on the right side of this war ::


Money is a weapon or a tool. 

A weapon to hurt, or a tool to help.


It's hard to be without it.

It's a burden when you have too much.

Finding the right place for money in our lives can be the biggest challenge we face.


Well, it's time to finish this.  I will try to do better next Saturday.


In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us

and more...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.