20 June, 2016

Spiritual Battles and Daily Life

My internet disappeared as I tried to write this,
so I finished it on my computer and then transferred it to my blog later,
when the internet was working again.... such a pain !!
======================================

Monday, 20 June 2016 - about 6pm my time


The days of our spiritual battles are long and busy.  I wonder how difficult these battles would be if I was able to do what I really want to do.  When I think about how my own spiritual battles increased as I tried to do things in Christian realms, I begin to look at my favorite preachers and others in ministries differently.  Now I wonder what battles they face, how they deal with them, how GOD helps them, what I need to know, how I can fight better, what it looks like when GOD helps them, and more. 

Christians, ordinary people who are Christians, like me, are not prepared for these kinds of spiritual battles.  When they happen, we just think life is really bad and don't understand why.  I know that is what happened to me in the beginning of my efforts to create some kind of ministry.  It was a long time before I realized that something was going on and all these problems weren't happening by "accident" or without purpose. 

The spiritual realms are an unknown field to me.  I understand the possibilities that the Bible teaches us, but the real life details are beyond my ability to figure out.  I wish I was one of those mighty warriors of the faith, but I am not.  I just keep doing my best and plead with GOD to protect us.

When I was searching for answers about Christianity and salvation and what the Bible teaches, I went to a lot of different churches... across the long spectrum of Charismatic and tongues-speakers to Conservative Southern Baptists.  I tried to understand cults and how to know if a particular church actually is one.  I explored groups that said they were helping the homeless and poor... and found some of them to be predators of those desperate and trusting people who are searching for GOD and heaven.  I eventually decided that genuine believers are everywhere, even in the cults as individuals grow into future evangelistic believers.

"There are Christians in every denomination,
but every denomination isn't Christian." 



The Body of Christ became more real to me as all of this was being discovered and reflected on.  I wondered if we are weak because of our separations... if those differences that divide us are meant to be our place in the ONE Body of Christ... some for power in prayer, some for mercy, some for teaching, some for evangelism, some for helps, some for each of the gifts and ministries we know about.  Big churches may be a reflection of personality... little churches may be critical to the neighborhoods they serve... but all of us suffer because we are not "working together" as a single Body of Christ.  This is a spiritual battle that has existed long before me.  I still hope that GOD will provide a way to bring us together, especially for the hardships ahead.

Knowing about spiritual battles doesn't help me fight mine.  I think this may be because my personality is part of my army.  I count on the power of GOD and His promises to help me, and the angels that do His work, and the plans GOD has for my existence.  I am just one cell in the huge Body of souls that are saved by Christ.  I don't have to become like everyone else, and they don't have to be like me.  Knowing all this helps me to focus on what matters as I search for answers to my problems... and the problems of the world.



The future of America is being fought for this year.  We have a serious election ahead of us, and four years of whoever wins.  The battles for America's soul are growing.  Franklin Graham's Decision America 2016 Tour is part of my hopes for America and my prayers for Christians who live here.  I receive their updates through the mail, I joined the Oregon group on Facebook, I have the dates marked on my desk calendar, and I ordered one of the Prayer Journals they created for the event (with a page for all 50 states)... and I try to find a way to share my concerns for America whenever I can. 

We are at a difficult time in prophecy... what we pray for may be impossible for GOD to honor because some things have been destined for centuries.  I think prayer helps us, though... and helps us to look for GOD's solutions to our problems.  If you have read any of my blogs, comments on Facebook, or other writings, you will know that Working Together's mission is to prepare for the End Time struggles we know are coming.  Someone will face them, and there may not be a refuge for them if we don't make one.  Our wayward children, grandchildren, and loved ones, might one day decide that GOD is the right path.  Will there be a place of refuge for them... I don't know.  I just think it would be good to build them.

I hope you will join me in this effort.



======================================
Finished about 7:30pm
Posted about 8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.