17 June, 2016

Moving my focus to this blog

Friday,  17 JUNE 2016 - about 11am my time

It has been awhile... I have been praying and thinking about how to best use my limited time.  I want to do more blogging and want to have the spiritual focus in my writing, so I am going to move more of my personal posting to this blog.

I have been trying to post Thankfulness entries at Etsy.com forums, and have a forum thread for Bible verses there.  I am trying to get those to a more neutral space... maybe...well, so far that is the plan... and this seems the natural location.  I think it is important to be in the public arena with our faith, and I like the crafting focus of Etsy.

I have encountered problems related to my Christian faith at Etsy, but I don't know if that is because of the employees or is the unspoken stance of the business.  I am just trying to sell there, so I am looking for solutions that will work for me.  I think the team approach may be better for me and for any Christians selling there.  There are Christian teams, and I hope we can network and support one another within the Etsy framework.  Only time will tell.

I have also been posting prayers at the OR Decision America Tour Group at Facebook (FB)... and at other posts on FB when the situation seemed to call for a prayer from my heart.  Twitter is a bit short for a real prayer, but I think I remember adding some words of prayer there.  The online environment is a good place to share these kinds of things, so people can see what we care about, how we share needs with GOD, when we feel prayer is necessary.  I still remember thinking I would never be holy enough to pray out loud.  I still feel that way, but when I can write what is in my heart I don't have to think about all those eyes on me...  it can become a conversation online.  I think that is good.

For myself, I am still praying about my housing need (FEB post) in the Eugene area.  I am trying to "land" in my final resting place for the remainder of the life GOD has planned for me.  You might find this hard to believe, but in my original family, we moved a lot.  I always wanted to be settled into one place before my kids started school.  It didn't work out that way.  I still have the same dreams I've had most of my life, just no permanent place to build them.  I try to find ways to help other low-income families find the stability I wasn't able to find.  I think this is how GOD works... the things we suffer become the focus of our life/ministry later on.

I guess I will end with my thankful focus for today...

Today I am thankful for writing again, for posting my views, for blogging again, for finding more of the direction I need to go in.  I am thankful for the food I finally got at the local farmer's market the other day... it tastes really good.  I am thankful for rest, for improving my budgeting, for coffee, for getting my order from Amazon on time, for plans to create, for hopes and dreams and GOD in my life.

May the GOD I love bless all those who love Him...  Amen.

Until next time,
Deb 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.