10 June, 2021

FAITH :: Working on my posting...

 I listened to a YouTube video the other day... a presentation by James Clear at a ConvertKit event so they could learn about "Atomic Habits."  I think I already shared about my watching several videos about this book.  

There were three Strategies that really got me to thinking...

  • The 1% Strategy  --  This is about improving your life and reaching your goals by small steps every day... improving by just 1%.  I am trying to decide what that looks like in my life... how do you value something at 1% - how small would it be?
  • The 2 Minutes Strategy  --  This is about getting started.  Instead of focusing on the BIG goal, just focus on the first two minutes... what would that look like... the examples were things like getting your running shoes on and getting out the door.  One woman just focused on getting out the door and into the taxi because if she got that far then the rest would happen when she got to the place she was going.  I remembered another example that has stuck with me over many years about a man that just focused on getting to the bathroom to brush his teeth, that was how he got up and got going in the mornings.  It's like the very first step on the way to your goal.
  • The Calendar Strategy  -- This is a visual aid that lets you remember your goal.  You cross off the days you do the thing you want to get done.  If you miss a day, just keep going.  James Clear added a mantra for this one :: never miss twice.  That can be a killer, start an easy way to let something go, make you fail completely.  Starting over is always harder than just missing a day.
TODAY has been a day of changing my environment to work better. That is another Strategy.  I was already doing this, or planning to - I can't recall  :-)  -- so it was a great activity for me.  It is becoming a really good choice for me.

Going through my past records is still an unfinished task.  I needed a way to store the ones I want or need to keep.  I have a new option to try now.  It is going to help.

One of the examples on the video was how he made a commitment to post on Mondays and Thursdays.  Consistently.  And it led to increasing his followers.  Over time.  I imagine the content was also part of the ongoing improvements.  :-)   It helped me to remember the goals I had and past efforts, like my year of looking for a million $5 supporters.  So I will be trying to find a good posting schedule.

Prepare yourself!  :-)

In Christ,
Deborah Martin
work2gather.us



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.