16 January, 2020

Announcing #My2020PatreonChallenge

This year I am trying to do something BIG!  And I am praying for GOD's blessings on my effort... which I call a quest!  The minions of the Evil One are always busy, but I hope to learn a lot of new things about the internet and how to conquer it.  It is a never-ending problem for me, but I SHALL TRY MY BEST TO OVERCOME THE ISSUES IT CAUSES.

I made a graphic to try to post here... let's see what happens.  I hope it will be readable.  This is my second effort... the minions have already been busy.  



Lets hope it stays this time.  I am assuming you can click on it and make it larger.  I need to find the right sizing for future graphics I think.  This is a long learning process.

I have been trying to work out the details since deciding to try this.  I have decided to post weekly updates on Mondays, and to post at a blog on Thursdays.  This is my first week with this new scheduling attempt.  Naturally, I will post more often when the QUEST requires it... this is just my plan to make sure I keep in touch.

I chose this blog because it is my personal blog... what matters most to me.  It is the right blog for my Challenge updates... for prayer about problems... for sharing my dreams about what financial support will allow me to do... and more.

Patreon is about creating things and finding "patrons" to support you while you work to create... providing time, equipment, workspaces, supplies, and supporters to encourage your path.  I have a long list of things I have wanted to create but lacked the finances to make them happen.  My RECYCLING tier is one of those goals. 

For posting about my creative activities, I will blog at my CRAFTS EXPLORED site.  As things progress, that will increase.  I am striving to create some of my projects and post them to the tiers they apply to... ornaments, art, jewelry, recycling.  My FOR EVERYONE tier is my $5 tier... the one I want to increase support on. 

Why?  Because the funds at that tier can be used for any supplies and equipment I may need for the other tiers and my unspoken goals that are attached to each tier.  That would be like making jewelry out of real silver, being able to rent or buy space to work in, get a kiln and other equipment for working in clay, glass, etc. Transportation is always a problem, so general funds would help solve that problem for all my tiers.  My RECYCLING tier needs some big safe spaces and expensive equipment.  I need a great camera and recording equipment to post at all tiers and other places.

There are lots of needs that require financing. 
I hope this will be GOD's time for blessing many years of effort.

I have been going through a lot of thinking spaces about how to reach out to the world through the internet.  I created the # for sharing, but that is very broad and includes every PATREON creator during 2020.  I don't mind sharing my efforts, but there are a lot of creators at Patreon!  No one will find me!  :-)  So I am still looking for a better option.  Until I find one, this one will have to do ::
#My2020PatreonChallenge

Another issue I am grappling with is the name of my page.  I originally just wanted to find a small group of supporters to help me fund my creative goals in retirement.  I'm not sure if I can change the name and not lose any connections already made, but I will be checking into that.  What name might be better, especially because of this CHALLENGE, is known only to GOD right now!

I have to keep going forward and learning what I can.  The answer will show up, or we will end the year with the same name.  I am using JANUARY to make all these kinds of decisions.

I do hope you and your family and friends will share $5 with me... it really isn't much money but it is really important to me. 

I promise... it will be used wisely and will try to help as many others as GOD will allow me to help.

Don't forget to follow my Patreon page, my Twitter account, and here.  I'm working to get my Facebook connections looking better and will share them when that gets done.  I started a Pinterest board for my Challenge, so you can help me figure out Pinterest sharing.  And I have a Flickr account but need to figure that out as well.

You can link to my selling efforts as I create new listings and post them in various places.  My goal is to focus on Patreon first, then Etsy and eBay, then other spaces.  Someday I want my own website for selling my creations, but that has to wait for now.  :-)  I am trying to build a brand called CHANGEWORDS.

Lots of things to work on... join me in the effort!

In Christ,
Deborah Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.