06 December, 2016

Looking for GOD in the New Year Ahead

I guess I have been avoiding my blogging efforts because I want to write with a regular computing system instead of this mobile device.  The autofill is about to drive me nuts! 

Of course, the real issue is Christmas.  I used my computer money to get presents.  I don't regret it.  I LOVE this time of year and have been enduring my own financial drought for some time... too long a time.  It was easy to give up my search for a small affordable laptop to meet my current needs for all my online work.  I will continue that quest next year.

This time of year usually changes my flow for other reasons, too.  It is when I evaluate my past year and try to plan some reasonable goals for the next one.  Getting ahead of my challenges is the measure.  It hasn't been going great well the past several past years.  This makes me do a lot of praying and searching for better outcomes.

The choice to spend some of my computer money let me invest in several long-awaited resources. 

I decided to invest in a DVD set about building Tiny Homes...a great idea it turns out, the set will be very helpful to me. 

I purchased items for personal needs, like a blow dryer for my hair. 

I shopped some of the big sales this year and decided to purchase items that are really for craft projects, but I will try them out for kitchen activities first. This would be a very small microwave and a toaster oven.  (I have never really used a toaster oven, so I want to know if it is a good food prep option for living in tiny homes.)

I spent some of my funds on various crafting tools and supplies, which will help my crafting income goals.

Plus, I purchased gifts for Christmas!

It has been the best holiday I've had in years!  I am wondering if you can even understand the depth of that statement....

So 2017 looks more promising, if I can overcome the other challenges I am facing.

Evaluating our lives is a hard thing to do because we only see the best in us and often blame the worst in others for any problems that didn't get fixed.  I know I have heard a simple statement about this common situation, but I can't remember what it was right now.  The principle remains the same no matter whose life you are talking about.  We forgive our own failings, and notice everyone else's faults.

In the days left of 2016 I hope to keep evaluating my goals with GOD's point of view.  When I finally decided on my main goal for next year, I will try to share it with you.  Maybe you can hold me accountable, keep me on track.

Until my next post, and who knows WHEN that will be!!, let me make sure to wish you a very Merry Christmas!  Remember the real reason for our celebrations, and share your bounty with those who don't have enough.

May GOD help each have of us to grow in His love as we face each new day.

With love, in Christ,
Deborah Martin

http://work2gather.us
6 December 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.