20 June, 2018

Wednesday, 20 June 2018

I am almost finished reorganizing my goal workbook/s... moving things around for better use, and getting things done, I hope.

Mailed my three letters this morning, have three more waiting to be written.

Tried to do some yardwork, but had to stop because of the heat... however, finished one pile, started another, and trimmed up one tree.  Something.  Now I can feel accomplished, right?

I have been thinking most of the day... about writing books, and what to write about... it is sometimes easy for me to go on and on and on, but how to make the details work for one book, that is what I am contemplating.  Just seeing a possible reality to my goal to write... that is amazing to me.

I miss my Publisher program... I am trying to figure out how I can make a document that will work with the upload formats I am learning about.

I think I am going to have to search out my OLD camera for making photos, after all my struggles... this is a pit.  I bought some tablets to take better photos and get them uploaded for selling.  Now, I have this used computer and it seems the best option to use for making listings, so the photo problems have returned.

eBay has a free amount of listings I can do per month... well, June, at least, I think.  I am trying to get my listings up for it.  To edit photos for this process, I think I need a better computer.

It is a very ongoing problem.  If I had the funds to go out and solve my issues, it would be such a big issue... I am looking for alternative to fit my current situation, which also seems to change too often.  Life is a series of problems that need to be fixed...  I hope I have found a path that is at least workable.

By Monday I hope to have this worked out... keep watching my shops, you will find out before next week's posts.


I discovered an amazing fundraiser attached to Facebook a bit ago... they are raising money for getting immigrant kids back with their parents... when I got to the fundraising page, it said they had collected over 13.5 MILLION dollars of a 15M goal.  That is great.  I posted about it, but also added that I hope there is an oversight process for the funds... on how it will be spent.  It seems like a lot of money, but it goes so fast when legal issues are involved... lawyers, fees, travel, housing, etc.  I'm not sure what else, but money goes fast in great needs, so I hope it is carefully dispersed.

Here is the link to the page ::
https://www.facebook.com/donate/490507544717085/

I think the news story about the 8-month old child taken away from its mother was the last straw... any group or government needs to make it the absolute last option to separate kids from their parents.  In the immigrant crisis, the issues of non-parents and abuse and criminal intents make the problem harder to administrate, but those situations must be few.  I hope the kids will be made safe and we can find better answers.

I made a comment on a post, yesterday I think, about the need for non-money-costing solutions for the government.  I think the bigger complaint is the welfare burden attributed to immigrants at some level.  If we can take away that cost burden, it may create a way to find better solutions.

I have always believed that similar people groups already in the US would be willing to support their people.  I have seen that the Mexican people do.  I don't know about everyone else.  Sponsorships can be created, with a large file of biological identifiers taken in the process of registration (DNA, retinal scans, fingerprints, voice records, video records, etc.), there could also be a yearly renewal.

Another great option for everyone in agriculture and food processing and related manufacturing industries that exploit immigrants, would be to require employers to request the workers they need and be required to provide housing (year-round) for them and their families as part of the program.  This links the jobs, housing, security, oversight, visitor status, government records (DNA, etc.), and other safeguards for the immigrants and the US government.  Employers need to be responsible for these families, and immigrants need to be legally here to prevent employer abuses.

My motivation for all these ideas is the reality of a global environment.  It won't be long before people will travel between countries like we travel between states.  We are heading into a National ID process, which will change a lot of fraud and crime and duplications of things... so it is better to think ahead than to wait for problems to happen.  Right?

I have been so agitated by the tax issues we argue about all the time I have been thinking I need to write my first booklet on taxes... how to change the system and make it fair for everyone.  I wonder if I can keep that conversation below 100 pages... I'm not sure.

I have to get going... the life I live is calling me away.  :-)

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
Pray for wisdom, strength, character, honesty, compassion, mercy, and generosity for all of us.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.