18 June, 2018

Monday, 18 June 2018

My goodness... what a long weekend...  I get busy with reading and research and one thing leads to another...   I was going to post several times, but always got distracted by something else.

This morning... a long emotional ride on the gay political express...  there seem to be stories all over the internet news, at least the ones I see,  There are lots of programing issues with content control... it can work a lot of different ways.  If you are against something, it seems you can be automatically "sensitized" with tons of content about the thing you dislike, especially if it relates to homosexuality and the causes related to it.

I browsed through a story about public people with kids claiming their status in the gay community.  I found it sad.  I know there are forces beyond my ability to deal with that work to push my sons into the gay lifestyle, including prison, but I continue to pray that GOD will win this battle.  Because my children make bad choices doesn't make them not my children.  I have to find a new normal when they are addicts, when they go to prison, and when the world of those who hate GOD (and my faith) leads them into things that are not godly.

What is a hate crime?  Based on my personal experience, I would say it is when someone goes out of their way to cause damage to another person's life and family because they disagree with their views.  They are purposely causing harm... whether it is a gay person against a person of faith, or a Christian against someone they disagree with... which could be more than just the gay issue.

I understand that domestic violence lives in the gay community as well.

I guess we all have seen that adopting when you are gay is not a guarantee you will be a good parent... murder / suicide happens to many families... is it a gay issue or a personal issue?

I know addictions happen in the gay community as well.  Addictions cause problems beyond our ability to deal with... including sexual prostitution, deviance, rape, and more.  Are these consequences because they are part of the gay community or because they are a Christian or because they are human beings with problems?

It's an impossible space right now.

Children are influenced by those around them, by the people who mean the most to them, by manipulators, by those who want to hurt them and not be found out, by media, by books, by conversations, by all the things that make up their lives.  The normal of a Christian home is a different normal from a gay family's home.  When we have conversations about what is normal and what is a crime (abuse), those conversations are different.  Homes with addiction issues have characteristics that appear to be normal, but are not.  If often takes a long time to recover from our childhoods, no matter what the individual problems were that we faced.

What is "normal?"

It is a hard word to define because there is a wide range of activities and perspectives that are normal for the human being... and that is not even taking into account the religious and cultural details of what would be called normal in different groups of people.

I found that the Bible held more answers about what is healthy for human beings, and that seemed like a great "normal" to me... healthy, good, balanced, reasonable, mutually beneficial... if you can find others who also see the wisdom of GOD and are growing in those directions.

I didn't become a perfect person when I became a committed Christian... my life began to grow into a better space.  I discovered right and wrong, and tried to become more of what was right.  I believe this growth process continues until we die.

We can look at our natural body and see that it was created to be united as male and female.  We can see that procreation requires a male and a female.  We can see that the differences are important in creating and protecting the natural family unit.  Men have certain traits, women have certain traits, and when they perform their duties in the family, the family is helped to survive... to create new generations of families.  This makes the world continue.

We find out from GOD that monogamous relationships are best... one man and one woman for one lifetime.  This protects us as individuals and as families.  We can see that our other adaptations away from this have caused great harm to society and history and generations.  Because we choose to do things differently does not make the original plan wrong...  GOD gave us free will, and we suffer the consequences of our choices.  All the broken lives create what we have as a world right now... and that isn't even part of the other effects of humanity... greed, lust, power, sex, violence, addictions, etc.

So, what is a hate crime?  If a gay person does something to hurt my life, isn't it still a hate crime?

Let me know what you think... are Christians the only ones doing hateful things?

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May the GOD I love find a way to provide for the protection of His people.
May the world become a better place to live.
May the forces of hate and evil be made public so we can deal with them.
May the love of GOD be seen in the media.
May we find a way to protect the future and the rights of each person.
May our lives become better than we think they can be.
May Truth become our goal.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.