11 June, 2018

Monday, 11 June 2018

I keep getting distracted... I need to work on that...  :-)

All day Sunday I was "moved" to write a post... but I never did... in the morning I thought of lots of stuff to write, but in the busy-ness of the day, I couldn't remember my inspirations...

Today... I am almost forgetting to post, getting sidetracked by social media, fatigue, and politics!

When I feel the evils of the world attacking my life, I remind myself that I am only one of GOD's people, and that my place in the workings of prophecy are small... GOD will achieve His goals, He will bring about His plans according to His timetable.  I just do what I can on my way.  Some days are harder than others, but I do my best.  There is so much sorrow and pain in other lives, more than mine, so I try to keep my perspectives in godly focus.

I have long said, often, that there are some things we can control and some things we can't.  We have to focus on what we are able to do.  It isn't easy, but it is what we have to do.

How was your day?  Your weekend?

I spent Saturday watching some movies, including a version of Jungle Book... so glad to see it after such a long intermission... it was animated, and funny, and I kept trying to guess the voices.  Some I didn't know.  When I watched the credits, I discovered one name and then found it at another movie for my next viewing choice... Daddy's Little Girls.  I still don't really know who he is (in movie standards), but I did like the movie I watched.

I have always been fascinated with the presentations of poverty and wealth in movies... I think Sabrina was one... the chauffer's (spelling?) daughter and the wealthy son.  I have always loved the original OVERBOARD movie, with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn, even though some parts are not something I need to see.  This movie, Daddy's Little Girls, had me crying because of the poverty and court issues it brings up.  Of course, I have to wonder, again, if that is really how wealthy people act.

What else did I see... I can't recall right now.

I am not in a good mood for writing... so I better take the safe path and let this post end here... I can really get going if I am irritated, and tired.  This is the human condition.

So, until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
I saw on Twitter that Trump is meeting with the leader of North Korea...  may we all pray that there is a good discussion between them and that the problems we all face together will begin to be solved.

May our country be protected.
May our rights be protected.
May our freedoms be protected.
May our lives be protected.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.