23 May, 2018

Wednesday, 23 May 2018

It's Wednesday... I'm checking things, so I decided to post now... yardwork is ahead of me, and there won't be any energy after that!

I'm down to my last week of the month... working on my food strategies.  This is how things are.

I watched a video on (Twitter?) about a TEDx being planned for a huge refugee camp... I think they said there were 185,000 people in the one camp, for over 20 years I think... some of the residents, anyway.  This is how temporary becomes permanent, but they don't plan for it.  I keep advocating for new camps to be made like a small city from the beginning... so the residents can have their own space and build their lives back up...

Temporary to permanent is a taxing device, too.

I find it hard to deal with liberal media sources and how they handle conservative views.  Trying to decide how much is true becomes a major challenge.

My Facebook issues are beginning to get figured out... except the ways to increase a group's membership.  I eliminated all but one friend from my main page... she is deceased now, so I wanted to hang on to her for a little bit... to remember her... post a thought about her every now and then.  I moved my family members to a separate group.  I still need to figure out how to do my real friends, but that is getting there.

Checking everything is very different on a computer, as compared with the tablets.  I haven't been able to find the link to my "liked" pages so I can check on them... I need to see if that is a mobile-only option.  It was much easier to control the flow that way.

I had to unfollow my food groups to see any other posts.  Not good.

I went over my "who to see first" choices and discovered you only get 30 pages to make "first."  Not sure how often I will change that, or how to see what is on the other pages regularly.

When I went back to my feed page, all the ones I didn't check as first showed up... makes you wonder about Facebook, or interference by uninvited "guests" in your life.  Not sure what I will do about that either.

The Bible says that people choose their lives... and when you don't want GOD in your life long enough, He stops trying to reach you.  I think it says He gives you what you desire and it leads to a "leanness in your soul."  Something like that.  It means you become spiritually bankrupt, I think.  It's like getting what you want and discovering you don't really want it...  without the ability to see the link to GOD has been broken.

It is really a sorry life without GOD.  I think that is when money is the only measure of your happiness, why people compete to be the richest instead of the most caring, involved, and generous helper of human beings.

When we seek the wrong things, it makes our world get worse.  I am concerned for the world... for how prophecies will become realities... cold hearts, no love, violent, wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes and droughts, and more.

I can only do so much.  I try to do my best with what I have.  That is my effort toward change.

If GOD provides more, I will try to do more.  Until then, it's one-day-at-a-time.

I suppose a lot of people are doing that.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May the eyes of many be opened and their hearts be changed by finding their purpose in GOD.
May we discover that every action we make affects everyone else.
May our goals be good for others, not just for ourselves.
May we all uses our resources to change the world into a better place.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.