19 April, 2018

Thursday, 19 April 2018

My goodness... 

I decided to download Open Office for my workload... I just don't want to pay for OFFICE 365 right now... I hate the idea of the cloud, but I really don't even know if Open Office does the same thing... I hope not.  I have to find a way to do computing the old way and still be able to function in today's internet.  Is that possible?  I don't know.

I'm getting use to my new computer system... trying to find my CD for the printer I have.  It is a challenge to fit everything into this space.

My food supplies seem to be OK for now, I'm using soft (bottled) hand soap for shampoo because I wasn't able to buy my regular shampoo.  I did buy a huge substitute bottle, but I am going to give that to a mission when I can reach one of the downtown locations.  It is just not my "flavor"...  My laundry is done... It is going to be warm soon.  I may get to wear some shorts without "leggings" to keep me warm.  :-)  I think I am set for the weekend.

I downloaded a PDF on writing from COMPEL, via an email I get from them.  One of my sons in jail has been saying he wants to write things, so I will copy it and send it to him.  It seems like writing is a relatively easy thing to do, but it isn't.  I think this will help him decide if writing is really what he wants to focus on.  People in jail are desperate to succeed, and grasp at anything that might work.  I know that feeling... poverty, homelessness, etc., can create the same feelings.  Finding something that will work is harder, but better in the long-term.

I have so many economic issues myself that it is hard to help anyone else.  I try to forward info when I can... on social media as well.

I received an email on selling things online that had a link to video/s, too... so I watched some of them.  I think the best option for me is to find a good "drop-ship" product for some of my selling efforts... where to put it, I don't know.  The videos I am watching today are a series on AMAZON selling.  They had several web links, YouTube links, etc.... the main one is ASM, amazingsellingmachine.com --- I think.  :-)  I need help with my listing creations, and I think this kind of information helps at any selling site even though it is specific with Amazon.  I got some great hints.  And I found out the photo dimensions I need for that website.  Their fulfillment option is a lot like drop-shipping, but a bit different, and a little more costly (a problem for me).

*
I had to go do something, did you miss me?  :-)
It is kind of funny how you can start writing with one train of thought and then just go off in another direction... when you come back to the keyboard! 

I am trying to get better at making links with my posts... so readers can go check out the things I am discovering.

It is almost midnight again... I get carried away with the online tasks and lose track of time.  This new computer is really a challenge to discover.  I had to search for the screensaver, and then I wasn't able to put in the words I wanted to have on it.  A big disappointment.  I have my  logo/mission statement on my old computer... it wasn't a problem there.  (One God, One Bible, One Christ, One Salvation, One Body)  I decide to have "Change the Future!" on this one... that fit.  I think this unit allows 20 characters... and the display choices were a pain.

I wonder what brand new ones allow you to do.

This weekend should be fun... getting my routines back to as normal as they can be.  I have a lot to catch up with.  I can't wait to get my new (used) food documentaries... I haven't even seen the GMO one.

Well, better go for now.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May GOD bless our lives, our country, our world, with the greatness that comes with truth, mercy, love, kindness, goodness, and joy.  If only we all could be the people that GOD meant us to be... and "work together" to help each other.

It may seem selfish, but I continue to pray that GOD will provide the finances I so desperately need to make Working Together established before I die.  There is so much I wanted to do... and there's so little time left.  May GOD have mercy on my dreams for helping as many as I can.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.