30 April, 2018

Monday, 30 April 2018

It is the last day of April...  I have been doing my prep for May... budget, goal pages, planning, and thinking about what to focus on.  I have too many directions to move in, and need to make one path to do first... well, that is what I keep trying to do, but I get "distracted" or need to do something else.  I am trying to get better at that... which is why I am working on some crafting pages for my goal notebook.  :-)

What to do first...

I cut out some future homemade stamp circles today.  I tried out some design ideas in pen and paper to decide how I want them to look.  I decided I need more of a destination to make those kinds of decisions right now... what do I want to make with mini-stamps???

I have some jewelry I need to finish.  This will be done soon... some are gifts that have been in process too long!

I want to try some candy/caramel recipes for selling options.

I have my paints on my desk, and found the papers I want to start with.  I am thinking that these ideas will ship more easily than anything else... maybe.  I need to spend some time experimenting with colors and topics... to draw, to paint, to ???    I hope I can create something decent, nice, great! as time goes by.

I discovered some old eBay details today... and I have a pile of things to photograph and list... I just haven't found a solution to my shipping problems yet.  I live in a complicated situation these days.  I hope that GOD will help me figure out a best way to deal with this.  If my printing issues go away, that will make the shipping problems go away.

My ideas for different types of clays are in need of dedicated time.  I really am getting excited about some of them.  I need to deal with the process, storage, equipment, mess...  it's always something... I think I can tackle the various creative destinations I want to go if I find a way to do them one at a time.

That is what I am trying to figure out these days.  Today I was clearing spaces for that goal.  :-)

I have a new (used) mini fridge now... my son and his wife brought it back from California... from my mother's belongings.  She downsized recently.  It is much taller than the ones I have seen in the stores here... and should work out great if the mechanics of the appliance are OK.  I'm going to let it run for a week or so before I trust it enough to live with it permanently...  I'm holding the older, bigger one as a back-up in case this isn't a good used deal.  :-)   Food is everything.  Fresh produce is expensive.  Refrigerators matter.

I voted today... here in Oregon voting is a mail-in process.  I really think they need to limit elections and save money... all over the country.  I discovered they cost millions and millions of dollars to hold, even if you mail ballots.  We don't need excess elections.  We need to save money.  I decided the national elections are every two years because of the Senate races, so that seems like the only option.  I think we can save more money by not having divisive primary elections.  Let's just list all the candidates and have a run-off if there is a too-close race.  If we can't do that, I also think we need just one primary option, with all the candidates listed and everyone eligible to vote for whoever they want... end this party separation... let the vote be about the person who is best for the job, no matter what party you are.

Ideally, that would be great... but, we know that people will still vote along party lines.  The big difference is that they have the citizen option to vote for anyone they want to in any particular election.  This is why we don't really need a primary.  Let everyone be available for the big day... lots of choices!  If we have to have a run-off election, it is still better than what we have now.

You see how I think...

Yardwork keeps calling to me but I never seem to answer it.  :-)  I know it is there, needs to be done, and it is MY task... so... I hope the sun won't beat too hot or the rain be too wet and cold... then I will get out there...  really,  I am sure I will.  haha

Life is really ordinary, isn't it...   We think everyone else has such a better life than we do... mostly because we really don't know what their lives are like.  Ordinary is nice.

You know I am praying for the big bucks to do Working Together... well, I always wanted a big secret check so I could have the cash but not have everyone know about it.  I don't think that will work totally, but maybe for a little while... I guess it depends on how GOD brings the money.  A lottery win... that would be public.  I haven't figured out too many other options, but I still pray....

That's my life... always praying for blessings and struggling without them...  :-)
One of the funniest cards I ever got was a sign of my life... the message was that when my ship came in, I would probably be at the airport.   :-)   These days, I have been thinking of the verse/thought about how GOD moves in our world, in our lives...

The Lord moves in mysterious ways His wonders to perform...

We don't always understand it, we may not even see the way things connect, but GOD achieves His goals in the most amazing ways at times.  I try to watch what happens and figure out where He is going... just in case it involves me.  :-)

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May your days be good, filled with faith, and meaningful.
May our country find its way back to holiness.
May the Body of Christ unite.
May our governments remember their GOD.
May GOD provide for all the things we need.
May we become One Body.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.