07 March, 2018

Wednesday, 7 March 2018

Nice day... got my craft supplies and have been trying to learn what I can do with metal clay... and what other supplies I will need.  :-)  I have been watching teaching videos and looking at the designs they show on the website I bought my supplies at.  I guess I will just have to get through my first package of metal clay and see what happens!  :-) 

I have been really inspired by the ideas I have seen, remembered, and have been thinking about for my own approach.  Christmas will be a great selling season (I hope!) once I get this all going.  I have to figure out how much inventory I can create for my Christmas season, and where to store it!  haha

I needed some of the supplies I got in the starter kit, and can use them for lots of other projects I have planned.  I also have some  supplies and tools that will work with metal clay, so I don't have to buy them. 

A kiln is still on my list, but it is about a thousand dollars from them.  There might be a local option that is less (and no shipping!). 

I have wanted polishing tumblers for years... now I found some, and will be working harder to get at least one, probably more.  It seems the metals have to have mixed shot to get polished, and I want to do sand polishing, and maybe small smooth stones as a polishing tool.

I discovered something called cork clay to use in kiln designs... that will be a great option for me!

It is all a process.  A long process, like doing 12 years in public school, but it is worth it.  All the years of learning combine to let me discover my own way of doing things... my "style" and design goals.

*
No food shopping yet... but soon... I miss my fresh fruit and veggies.  I made my last onion into oven baked coated onion rings... not quite the same as the deep fried ones, but edible.  I also made one of my last two sweet potatoes into fry wedges, with the last of the coating spread over them before baking.  I made up my own horseradish sauce to eat with them, but had ketchup as an option, too.  It was better than I expected.  Now I have to figure out how to use up the rest of the horseradish sauce!  :-)

I am currently deciding whether I want to keep living on what I have, or make it to the local market for a few things, or make it to the big shopping area and spend everything I have.  Some choices, huh.  :-)  I can always walk down to the nearest market, so I will probably try to make it through without spending everything I have for the month.  We'll see.  I am craving some good foods... like salad and cream cheese and chicken and veggies and oranges and whatever else I can fit into a budget amount (yet to be determined!)  :-) The Bible warns us that the flesh is weak!  :-)

*
Well... tomorrow is going to be busy.  I have been I.N.S.P.I.R.E.D !!!

Until next time...
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May we all flourish in the things that our hearts desire that are good and from GOD.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.