01 March, 2018

Thursday, 1 March 2018

My new March beginning...  :-)
Well, I'm working on it.

I spent a lot of the day re-doing my GOAL REVIEW page in my goal notebook... I still have to do it over again tomorrow.  It just wouldn't work for me.  So, now it is going to become a monthly review, and it is three pages long!  (Each page is for a different part of my life.)

I did decide on two of the three things to make sure I got done... late in the afternoon.  :-) haha... that's the way some days go.  I actually made myself do one of them a little bit ago... it was a crafting necessity.  I still have another one to do, but it can wait.  I ended up doing another craft project while listening to the blogging course I am following now.  (It's the free introductory one at the Elite Blog Academy... and is the basics of starting your blog adventure.  :-)  I thought I would check it out and see what might help me in my blogging adventures... all eight of them! 

It is hard to keep track of all the things I do... I try, but I never get it all written down.  I am looking forward to getting a smartphone and hoping it has a recording option for notes... to be viewed, noted, and deleted later!   That would be so great for food issues, too... keeping track of your food intake and choices.  I always figure they have these things already, somewhere, but I don't really know.  I am just at the point of trying my son's Xfinity audio search... one of these days.  It looks interesting on the commercials.

I have wanted to do a lot of things I have seen for years, but haven't been able to get to that economic level yet.  It is still my goal... so one of these days I will try to discover things like video conferencing, video chats, Facebook Live is nearly in my list!  :-) , Skyping, GoPro camera, those things that fly and take videos... I can't remember what they are called, and more... LOTS of things I would like to try out.  :-)

I barely checked my social media tonight... I did link to a few YouTube videos on craft topics... I was able to see some of my craft programs on PBS today... usually I forget they are on.

I have been thinking a lot about what I want to spend my time on, how I can save more money, how I can get the supplies I need, and what to do first.  It is amazingly hard to decide what I want to make a commitment to... that's why I only put two of my three goals down for today.  I hate it when I don't get things done.  :-)  I do lots of other things, but I forget about the things on my list.  This must be a psycological block... what do you think?!  haha

I found this thing somewhere, an "inspirational" statement graphic.  I am using it for my letter insert with my monthly letters this month, and then I decided to put it in the plastic sleeve on my goal notebook.  Someday I might take a photo of it... :-)  The main part of it is ::

DO > talk    and under the DO is :: Priorities are what we do.     under the talk section is ::  Everything else is just talk.
Great, huh.  I wish I could remember where I found it... I love it.  When I get my laminator out again, I may just keep it for posterity.

One concept I heard years and years ago, that has stayed with me, is that we do what matters to us.  Our priorities are seen in the actions we choose to take.  And they aren't always obvious... like the motivations behind being a workaholic or perfectionist... or the effects of homes where addictions live... or abuses... and all those hidden things.  I remember I was deeply impacted with those thoughts... because it can be hard to say no, and it can be even harder not to be able to do what you want to be doing.

I am a deep thinker... for reasons I don't want to go into.  I often wonder if it was part of my survival efforts.

Tomorrow will be better.  I have decided to spread the things I need to put on my GOAL Calendar into the next few days and see how that works out... meaning, I have already put some of my planned goals for Friday and Saturday and maybe even Sunday onto my calendar.  I have several projects I am trying to get done, so they fit into this plan great! 

I have already seen the benefits of doing this, so I hope to get better at it as I go along.  It adds that deadline pressure I need to have.  I normally am a last minute person, but I have been learning how to "plan ahead" for these goals.  I wish I had known a lot of things as a child, but this is my life... I have to make the best of what I have.

Sorting through my goals is always a good exercise for me... It allows me to revisit the ideas that get lost in the day-to-day mess of life.  I think that may be why my GOAL Review is such a pain to get done... but it is helping me find those TOP THREE goals to focus on first.

Well... I am very tired and ready to sleep.  If I get back up in the wee hours, I will have things to do... LOTS of things!  :-)  That will be great.  Many of my crafting projects are quiet projects.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May the GOD of love and life and mercy and grace and wisdom and creation be kind to us "little people" who love Him... and lead those who are searching for the answers to their miseries to His Word (the Bible), good Christians, good churches, and the Truth.  May GOD protect the innocent and the lost from those who prey on people with real needs.

May our world find a way through all the problems we face... caring for each other.

May life be good, may we use our resources wisely, may we help the earth to heal so it will care for us, and may our priorities be on what is good and right and holy and helpful to all of us.

And... may GOD provide what is needed for each of us to do His Will for our lives.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.