19 March, 2018

Monday, 19 March 2018

I heard that tomorrow is the first day of Spring.  I hope that means more sun, but I keep remembering the little song we grew up with ::  April showers bring May flowers... I think that means more rain.  :-)

*
I tried to watch a movie called "God's Not Dead" today, but it wasn't on Netflix anymore.  I will have to wait, see if it is on another viewing option.  It was on the UP channel on my son's cable, but I wasn't able to see it.  I couldn't figure out a search option for the guide they have on their TV, but I will keep looking.  It was a 2014 movie.  Instead, I watched one called God's Club (or something close to that), which reminded me of the ridiculous oppression we face as Christians in our new "normal." 

*
There are construction workers still at the house I live in.  I tend to go upstairs to watch TV when they are here.  It helps keep the dogs a little bit more settled... not completely, but a bit less prone to bark at every noise.  :-)   This was one reason I was at the TV.

Then it becomes a long-term time investment.  Not good. 

We are getting better at this stuff, but still learning.  :-)

*
I tried some of my paper mache projects the other day... and they dried.  Not quite what I hoped they will be.  I watched a YouTube project awhile back and they said you needed three layers, at least, so.... I will fix my "paste" formula and try another layer or two and see if it helps.  I'm exploring these craft options, trying to decide if I want to make something out of them as an ongoing craft to sell.

I also am working on a screen to use for painting like a screen print, but it hasn't been very successful that way.  I'm still trying to decide what it can be used for, and still trying to get to the art store for some real screen printing fabric.  :-)  I have other paint options to try, too... like freezer paper stencils.

I am exploring something called Diamond Glaze, which is shiny like resin, but water clean up.  It has some interesting effects so far.  I can make it thin or thick...  It isn't resin, but it has possibilities.

I have a long list of things to try, from exploring YouTube videos and other sources.  I think I must be a "mixed-media artist" as I don't like to do just one thing.

Time will have to show us the way to my artistic future, if I live that long!!!  haha

*
I am happy to report that I ate all my caramels, except the ones I plan to mail.... SOON!   :-)  I hope I don't eat those, too!

I'm going to try to get the digital candy thermometer by next month... then I will try making caramels again, but a little bit more firm.  I like soft caramel, but this batch was too soft.

*
That's about it for now... I am fighting a growing headache right now.  Will try to write again tomorrow sometime.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May GOD help us to overcome the evil that Satan uses to turn our hearts against GOD.
May we find our joy in what is good.
May we love to the best of our ability.
May we share with others the best we can.
May we always be thankful for the blessings we have, and not always focus on the terrible parts of our lives... even when they hurt more than we can stand.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.